Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Walkin in a ``winter`` wonderland.... more or less

Less of a winter wonderland and more of an oven. Summer has officially arrived! But that is okay with me. This week has been amazing and VERY tiring. The tiredness started on Monday when we headed to the bus station around 10pm to wait for our 2am bus to Vitória. We tried to sleep a little but it wasn´t working so we ended up playing uno all night. They play with the advanced rules so it was all complicated and to make a short story shorter I kept losing. haha But it was still fun. Then we all packed on the bus and headed to Vitoria for our Mission Christmas Party! Wahoo! We got there around 6am and then waited outside the church building until 7:30am for the other Elders in that area to come open the church. We went in and got all ready for the party/transfers/lunch/festivities. It started around 11. We had the transfers which are always fun. Then President talked for a while while lunch was being prepared. It was great. He just talked about how today was a day to relax and have fun and that there would be no ``practices`` haha. Thank goodness! But it was great! He sure knows how to motivate! We met the new sisters! So cute and bright and ready to work! Three brazilian sisters and one american elder arrived. I love meeting the new missionaries! I felt a little bad for the american elder sitting there not understanding everything. haha I remembering being in his shoes. We ate lunch (delicious) next and then watched a slideshow of mission photos! There is something about slideshows that just makes you feel all sentimental. Ya know? Anyways, it was wonderful and crazy to look back and think about how long I have been here and then think how it isn´t even very long at all. We had a present exchange too and I gained some great flip flops that have a cute little brazilian flag. All of the different zones presented little skits and we all had a ball laughing our heads off. President Araújo even came out as santa! Might have been the best part of the day. haha Also, WE GOT LETTERS AND PACKAGES! Mom and Dad, thanks so much (and caudle) and everyone else who wished me a Merry Christmas! It was perfect and I am SUPER excited to SEE you all tomorrow!

I love Christmas time and I am really happy about how the Christmas season is going for me this year. We had a baptism on Saturday of two men that we have been teaching. One we found our first week here knocking doors and the other was a member reference. It was a great baptism and President and Sister Araújo came and everything. It was really great and I can´t think of a better gift that I could give to my Savior than to help people come unto Him. I know that my role in their conversion was small but I feel privelaged to have been a part of it and to be strengthened because of it. We made a cake for after the baptism but only forgot one thing.... a knife. haha We found one thank goodness and everyone was able to eat cakey goodness after feeling spiritual goodness. I am really grateful to Heavenly Father for the success we are having. It has really been an answer to my prayers. I was scared to train and to be a leader because I didn´t know how and I thought with me in charge we wouldn´t have any success. I have learned so much during the past couple weeks about how to follow the spirit. As a trainer, I am not in charge, the Lord is. I just have to be open to hear His direction and all will be well. I have been reading the conference ensign the past couple weeks and finished today. It is so good and makes me SO excited for April conference!

I hope everyone has a great last week of December and that you make the best of what is left of 2012! Did anyone else notice that the world didn´t end! Que bom! haha Love you all!

Até mais!

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment