Monday, December 3, 2012

One year older and wiser too!‏

Yep. My year mark came and went! And it was pretty great! It was fun. We went and got pizza for dinner with the other sisters! YUM!!!!! We took a pictures, of course, and had a blast. It was weird thinking about where I was a year ago and how much I loved the MTC and how fast this past year has gone by and how every week is flying by faster than the last. I am trying to take it one day at a time but it´s so hard when the days FLY by!!! And not to mention it is already December!!!! This month is going to be packed full of things! Transfers, firesides, baptisms, christmas, new years!!!! Gonna be great! S. Wedma and I are doing great here in Campos. This last week we marked a baptism date with our investigator. Yesterday was his second time at church and he is reading the BOM and everything. He says that when he reads he can feel the strength that it gives him every day! Ahhhh! Such a good feeling!
Yesterday was Stake Conference and guess what little city in the middle of nowhere is part of my stake????? You guessed right! QUISSAMÂ!!! (my last area for those of you who don´t remember. Shame on you.) S.Wedma and I and our investigator were sitting towards the back in the gym part of the church as I started seeing people from Quissamã show up! I started freaking out and tried not to make a scene because church had already started. There was a lot of silent freaking out and smiling and waving and blowing kisses and oh my goodness it was so great to see everyone again. And the family S. Peterson and I found when we were there and were waiting to mark the wedding date came!!!! It was so good to see them! And their wedding will be next friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the baptism saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S. Peterson and I are going to try and get permission to go to Quissamã to be there! Say a prayer that President will say YES! I got so happy to see our recent converts from Quissamã! What a great feeling! 

Random happening of the week: We ate crab for lunch at a members house this week. It kind of grossed me out but it was pretty fun. You have to snap off the legs and suck out the meat!!! What is up with that???? hahaha I never knew that was how you eat crab. Good to know. 

We are having zone conference tomorrow so hopefully I will get some letters!! A mission shows you who your real friends are! haha jk jk but seriously. haha You still have time left!!! We are also going to practice our skit for the mission christmas party on the 18th (transfer day). My zone will be doing a parody of Joseph in Egypt. Should be funny. 

Back to stake conference yesterday. Let me just say that as a missionary every talk you hear in church you try to hear as the investigators would hear them. And this stake conference was PERFECT! Everyone bore such a strong testimony and talked about prayer and receiving answers through the holy ghost! I was so happy! Our investigator LOVED IT. The only tip of improvement I would have given is to share the reference when you cite a scripture! haha Every scripture they shared our investigator wanted to mark so I had to use my scripture mastery seminary skills to find all of the scriptures the people were reading! haha We got the majority of them. Just a tip for when any of you give a talk next time. haha Conference was SO GOOD. The stake president gave a talk and talked about forgiveness. How we need to forgive everyone or it will only hurt us. How sometimes people in the church get offended because of this and that and she looked at me wrong so I´m not going to church anymore. Little petty things that when you look at the bigger picture it doesn´t even matter. You shouldn´t give up something like following Jesus Christ just because you didn´t win first place at the YW fundraiser bakeoff or because someone offended you. If anything these experiences give us a chance to become even more like our Savior by learning patience and charity. Not always easy to do but definitely worth the try. Let me just say it was a really great stake conference.


Let me just say: I AM EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For oh so many reasons. It is gonna be great! Get ready for a great chat family! haha I want to hear some good stories.

Glad things are goin good at home. Send me pictures of the kitchen! and other cool things! Mom I think the package will get here in time. 3 weeks right??? Dá!!!! We didn´t get to watch the christmas fireside because it started at 11 our time. But we are gonna watch the rebroadcast............... some day. haha And I may or may not be listening to it as I write this email. haha  Should be good. I am pretty excited!

This week is gonna fly by so until next week!!! and yes, it is sure heatin up here!

Tchauzinho! Amo vocês!


Picture in the other email!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment