Yeah. It would be week 6 this week. CRAZY! In a really good way. The
only problem is that we are getting 3 new sisters but there is only ONE
sister that will be open to train. Everyone else is either being trained
or training..... do you know what that means???? Me neither!!! And we
aren´t going to know for another week!!!! AHHH!! This could mean that my
greenie could train right now and I could train the other newer newbie
or maybe the newbies will train each other or maybe they will have two
trios! The only thing I DO know is that I DO NOT want to get transfered!
I am coming to love this area so much and we are finding incredible
people here!!!!! And I don´t want to head to a new area right before
Christmas! But everyday I come to realize more and more that this
mission isn´t about me so whatever happens will be what is best.
Speaking of the best, this past week was just that............ the besht
:)
Starting with last p-day! Sister Peterson finally made
the BIG decision to get her ears pierced! It was quite the struggle
for her to decide. We went to the pharmacy and she took the plunge and
of course we took pictures. Fun little adventure. Last p-day I dug out
my first mission journal and I was reading from my first day in the MTC.
It was so cool and super weird to look back on this past year. I am SO
grateful that Heavenly Father helped me decide to go on a mission. I
wouldn´t give the experiences I have had and will still have for
anything. I get so excited to think of all the girls that are preparing
now to serve and I know they are going to LOVE it! Last monday night we
also had a lesson with a friend of a member family at their house. It
was so great and was just a perfect example of how much it helps to have
members working with those around them to bring them this Gospel.
Tuesday was kind of like p-day again because we
studied in the morning, ate lunch with members, and then headed to zone
conference which went until 8 at night. Then Sister Peterson and I
carried two boxes of 40 BOM´s from the bust stop to our apartment (it
was quite the distance let me tell you and it was a great display of how
my arm strength has grown here on the mission). It was really
hard! But we did it. And I got LETTERS! From old companions that I love!
And caudle thanks for the pictures! Pictures are pretty much my
favorite thing ever!
We had a lesson with our investigator that we are
preparing for baptism next week. He is progressing great and his mom
came with him to church Sunday! He is about 50 and moved back in with
his mom after his dad passed away and when we taught the plan of
salvation he LOVED it! He loved the part about the pre-earth life and
said that it gives him some sort of extra strength just knowing that!
How cool!
Funny story: I asked a lady how she knows that God
loves her and this was her answer? Because when I take my medicine it
helps me sleep at night. Que bom. haha
Shout
out to Brenda! Happy Birthday on the 7th! Wasn´t that pearl harbor too?
Also, johnny boy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! Welcome to the 22 year old
club!!!! It´s pretty fun!
Let me just say that yesterday was one of the best
sundays of my life! We had a TON of investigators that came! One couple
came that we taught saturday and invited to church. The wife said she is
always nagging the husband to come to church with her and what not and
so she was really surprised when we invited them and he said Yep, we are
going! And they came and they loved it! And the ward here is so amazing
and everyone was so welcoming and friendly and great! It makes such a
difference. I feel so bad for all the sundays of my life before the
mission that I casually walked by the missionaries to go to sacrament
meeting without thinking for one second what I could do to help them. If
they had investigators who were visiting that I could help or if there
was anyone that needed a ride to church! Some things are gonna change
when I get home! Every member a missionary and I am so grateful that I
learned that as a missionary and will be able to apply it as a member!
One of the coolest things happened sunday too. So it
was fast and testimony meeting because of conference and as soon as the
sacrament was over and the bishop starting to open time for testimonies
almost half of the congregation stood up. My first thought was, ``Wow, a
lot of people need to use the bathroom.`` I was kind of amazed when I
saw ALL of these people go up to get in line to bear testimony. I have
never seen so many people so excited to share their testimonies. It was
so cool to see and it made me so grateful for the testimony I have and
the opportunity I have to share it every day here. I hope that I will
always be this excited to share my testimony during testimony meetings!
Well, next week I will know my future meaning you
all will know too! Thanks for all the prayers and support! Also, I AM SO
EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS! I have been all year :) Love you family, you da
bomb.
Tchau tchau,
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment