Anyways, later that day we stopped by a bakery to buy this little treat here we are addicted to and the lady handed one to me and it was covered with ants! I was like...... ummm.... this is covered in ants. haha She just looked at me and then took it back and started brushing off the ants behind the counter. Yeah, we went somewhere else. but I had a good laugh about it.
So Sunday was Election day here in Brasil and so this week was crazy with rallys and parades of cars down the streets and flags and little propaganda. They also have these cars that drive around 24/7 (literally, good thing I sleep with ear plugs) playing music of the candidates. But things got way intense this week with the music and everything. It is funny in pretty much all of our lessons this week a time would come when we would have to wait a few minutes for the car with the little song saying vote for me really loud to pass by. For some reason it always happens as we start talking about the first vision. haha But anyways they are having the election for mayor this year in Quissamã and there are two candidates, Fatima and Octavio. If you want to hear the music for both of them dont even worry, I have it memorized without even trying. The other night we were entering into the gate of a members house only to realize a parade of cars and people were coming down the street. It was way loud and cool so we watched for a second as it started passing. Then we started to go inside and I turned around to look one more time and what do ya know Octavio was standing right there at the gate! He smiled at me and shook my hand and then sister petersons hand. There were people taking pictures and everyone was yelling. I felt pretty cool. And turns out he won the election yesterday too! Moral of the story is... I know the mayor here :)
I have been reading a lot lately in the New Testament. I think I might have mentioned that already but hey this is my email and I will talk about what I want to. Anyways, it is so great and I am loving reading about the life of Jesus Christ and the amazing miracles he did here.
Funny short story: So sister peterson and I have the same shoes. chacos. This little boy the other day told us we had `chinelos de Deus.` Sandals of God. We have had other people tell us too that our sandals look like Jesus´ sandals. haha, we are missionaries! We couldn´t stop laughing but I definitely liked the nickname for our shoes.
Friday we had to head to campos again for interviews with Presidente Araújo. The interviews went great and we found out some more details about the future here in the mission. This next transfer we are losing 3 sisters and gaining 4 and losing 3 more the transfer after that. So pretty much I will be going from 3rd youngest here to 3rd oldest and I am going to be training next transfer! Ahhhh. I knew it was coming but now it is real. We are getting two americans, 1 brazilian and 1 sister from Argentina. Sister Peterson and I will train the two americans. I hope they are excited!!!! I still have a couple more weeks for the idea to settle in and to prepare myself to make the jump from junior to trainer. Looking on the brightside I get to go through the 12 week program for the 3rd time in my mission. hahaha Que Bênçáo!
Saturday was conference and oh boy was it a
different experience. All of the members (well like 4 of them) watched
it in the chapel and Sister Peterson and I decided to listen to it in
English upstairs. Every time a car would drive by in the street with
music for the candidates we wouldn´t be able to hear anything. And the
electricity in the city went out right towards the end of the session.
When President Monson announced the changes to
mission ages I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped open and my eyes
were wide open. I am sure it was pretty funny to see. I couldn´t believe
it and I just kept saying it over and over, ``what? 19? what? 19?`` I
can´t believe it!!! That is SO COOL! I started crying too of course
thinking of Rachael and Martha! You two are gonna be out at the same
time!!! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I am still in a shock of sorts.
Wow. Yeah, it´s still sinking in. Did everyone see that one kid with the
shocked look in the audience too??? Pretty funny. He must be 18. haha
We watched the second saturday session in a crowded
hot little internet house sharing one pair of headphones. But the
connection was good so we were very happy. Sunday we tried to watch it
again but the internet was pretty shaky the afternoon session. CAN´T
WAIT FOR THE LIAHONA. That is all I´m saying. Pretty much whenever they
mentioned missionaries during conference I cried. haha Good thing I will
still be here for the next one. That is comforting at least.
I loved Elder Uchdorf´s talk about enjoying life and
to stop waiting for certain events to be happy. So true. All the talks
were amazing. I especially loved Elder Hollands talk and how he talked
about Christ asking us the question ``Do you love me?`` If we truly love
Him we will keep His commandments. It is as simple as that. We just
have to choose to love Him and the rest will follow. I don´t know, that
talk just made me think a lot. Loved it.
Well, I am sure there are more things that happened
this week but that is all I can remember! Love you all so much! Keep
preparing for the wedding, missions and whatever else is going on back
there in the good ole US of A! Keep me posted on everything! You are
always in my prayers and I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving me
such a great family! Tchau!
Beijos!
Sister Zeller
Glad things seem to be going so well! And the ants on your food.... no fun, yuck. :P
ReplyDeleteI missed the first hour of conference, and when I say the new missionary ages on Facebook I flipped out too! Probably not as much as you did, of course. ;)