Monday, October 29, 2012

Feliz Dia Das Bruxas!!!!!‏

5th week of the transfer come and gone! We will be having transfers in
one week! Sister Peterson and I already know that we are going to be
getting split up to train so we are really gonna have to enjoy this
last week together! I just REALLY hope I stay in this area it is so
great here and we are teaching so many amazing families. Also,
tomorrow we are going to enter the marriage process with  one of the
families!!! They are so excited to get married and baptized! It should
only take about 20 days after tomorrow to be able to mark a date! THey
are so cute. We have been having problems with transportation and this
family lives in one of the more distant areas and there was no one to
give them a ride to church sunday but when we got there they were
there! They came on their bike! Yep, singular! As in, one bike. haha
the whole little family rode on their one bike a couple miles to
church. They are so great!
Moving on to my week, we had our district meeting on tuesday and we
got letters! Thanks becky and caudle!
Also, THIS WEEK WAS HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!! I am pretty sure it
hit 100 maybe more. The good thing about riding a bike in the heat is
that it kind of makes a little breeze for you. We have been using a
ton of sunscreen!!! I keep thinking of that story of shadrak, meeshak
and abendago (I have no idea how to spell their names). They were put
in the furnace and didn´t get burned! Maybe that can happen with me!
haha I just need a bit more faith! Vamos ver!
 
We got to go to the ``Casa Rosa`` this week. The pink house in
english. It is the house of the old plantation owners way back when
that the city restored. It is so BEAUTIFUL. We took the tour but on
that same day they had school tours too so we were with a bunch of
high school kids. They asked where we were from and then after the
tour they were all taking pictures with us. haha I think they had
never met anyone from a different country or anyone with blonde hair.
hahaha It was pretty fun.
 
Today we are having our pday halloween party. We are gonna carve
pumpkins and put them in front of our apartment. Sister Vieira said
she is embarrassed to put our pumpkins outside cause that is not a
thing here. WHatever! It´s halloween!!! haha almost.  We are going to
do tye ``die`` and play skip ``boo``. as well. Believe it or not
Sister Vieira came up with those little puns (on accident actually she
was just trying to spell them in english. haha).
 
Funny fact: I have a cold. In Brasil. How does that even happen? haha
 
We started a lot of new things this week. Sister Peterson and I are
starting to teach seminary here and the other sisters are starting up
institute. We are making little scripture mastery songs but in
portuguese. haha It is kind of a blast. We are starting to work in a
new little part of town and we visited this lady and then afterward
helped her get water out of her well. Good thing my arms are so strong
now!!! haha jk jk but seriously.
 
This week is going to be great! We are gonna have a really fun
activity here on thursday! You are all invited haha The transportation
problems are getting resolved and we are being blessed for working in
this heat! haha
 
Whenever we do visits with this one member he always tells everyone
how we left our country, our family, school and everything to serve
here and then he says we spent 40 hours on a plane to get here. It is
funny because everytime he says this the number of hours we spent on a
plane to get here goes up. haha I try not to laugh everytime and just
nod my head. haha I love the members here!
 
Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY again! I am glad the kitchen is coming along great
and excited to cook some brazilian foods in it with you when I get
home! Send me a picture of the bridesmaid dresses! Quero ver! Tell Sid
hello and that its totally on when I get back with phase 10! I´ve
still got it! That is cool that he is staying with you guys. I CANT
BELIEVE RACHAEL IS GOING TO GET HER CALL! AHHH!!! You can always call
the mission office and tell them, I am pretty sure their is an
American working there. You can probably find the number online and
then they can call me and tell me where and when she is going!!!! I am
dying to know! It´s gonna be Brazil!!!!!
 
Have a great Halloween everyone! I will scare a Brazilian for ya!
 
I will send pictures next week!
 
Tchau Tchau!
 
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment