Anyways, this week was reeealllly good. So many
more experiences to share. First off, I have one announcement to make...
tomorrow make 6 MONTHS in
Brazil. Yeah, I celebrate a lot of dates. Pretty cool to look at my
portuguese when I got here and then today. Thanks goodness I understand
people now.... and I think they understand me. haha But these 6 months
have really been amazing and have flown by oh so fast. And I am so happy
that I have many more months to come here! Moving on to my week....
Last monday for lunch we made little pizzas at home
and I made a ``Z`` with pinneaple on mine and tried to send a picture
but it didn´t work so just try to imagine it. It was pretty cool.
I
read ``Our Search for Happiness`` again this week and man that book is
so cool. It explains the gospel so simple and is directed towards
nonmembers with the purpose of helping them understand our faith. It is
awesome and I already want to read it again! I need more study time!!!
We were doing visits with a member (the first member here in
Quissamã to be exact) and we were teaching this lady. We invited her to
say the closing prayer and she agreed and then bowed her head and we
waited but she didn´t say anything so we assumed she was praying
silently. Tudo bem. We waited and waited and then I opened my eyes to
look at the member and he was cracking up!!! Silently of course. Then
Sister Peterson made a little nose with her backpack and the lady sat up
real quick. I am pretty sure she fell asleep. hahaha
We had THE COOLEST experience the other day. We went to contact a
lady that we had talked to in the street and when we walked into the
house another her sister was cooking in the kitchen. We said the name of
the church again and her sister said ``Hey, I´m Mormon too!`` Turns out
her sister lives in Rio and was baptized a few months back. She was the
cutest new little member and we had a great lesson with her sister! It
was so cool! The same thing happened again two days later when we were
contacting a different lady. We pulled up to her house and her aunt came
out. We introduced ourselves and she said she lives in RIo and is
preparing to get baptized with an Elder Rodriguez! I know you guys don´t
remember this but Elder Rodriguez from my district in the MTC is
serving in Rio! It´s totally him! It is so cool to see how missionary
work really does spread and you just never know how it will effect other
people! So cool!
Katie, don´t even worry. We had a party for you here
on your birthday. You didn´t even come. We had an activity on the beach
Friday and it was SO MUCH FUN! We got permission from President to go
and we ate lunch, played soccer, and built a sand temple. I´m pretty
creative I know. It was a holiday here in Brazil `` Dia das crianças``
Day of the children. Thanks children for a great activity! We got
totally sunburned. I felt like I was at shasta or something! Happy
Birthday Katie!
Then Sunday was great too. Testimony meeting was a
treat as always. A little ways into our investigator came up and bore
her testimony about the difference that the Gospel has been making in
her family! It was the cutest thing ever! We are so close to setting a
wedding and baptism date with them! Just waiting for some documents to
come! I can´t wait! I hope I will still be here!
I love being here, in Brasil. I love the palm trees
(speaking of palm trees, one of our investigators after a lesson went
out to his palm tree and cut down some coconuts for us haha) and the
mountains in the distance. I love riding a bike. I love rice and beans. I
love the people. I love portuguese (most of the time). I love teaching
the gospel. I love seeing people find happiness. I love studying every
day. I love my Savior and am so grateful for the plan of salvation. I
love being a missionary. And I love being a member of the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
And I love you all!
Tchau tchau!
Boa semana!
Sister Zeller
Still wont let me attach pictures! Que tristeza!
No comments:
Post a Comment