Monday, September 24, 2012

Seja bem vinda primavera!‏

Another transfer has gone by! What??? Good thing Sister Peterson and I will be staying here in Rio with our cool little bikes and helmets. I´m pretty happy about it. Oh yeah so last monday made FIVE MONTHS here in  Brazil. In case you were wondering. haha I bought a yellow and green brazil jersey to celebrate. This last transfer was like the most perfect transfer ever. We worked our butts off and we have seen a lot of changes here and of course we are having a blast! The other two sisters that we are living with got transferred though and they will be heading out tomorrow. It is fun to do the calculations and try and figure out who will be getting transferred where. With the sisters of course  it isn´t too hard because there are just too many elders. But if our calculations are correct the newbie that is coming in from recife will be heading here with us and I think Sister Viera will train her (I already lived with sister viera and she is the bomb. I am very excited. She makes the best pancakes.) I am pretty sure we are right and we are way excited! This last week was great!
Last monday when we woke up (i dont remember if I already told this story or not) our apartment floor was covered with water! So here the freezers are weird and every once and while you have to unplug the fridge and let the freezer defrost but there was SO MUCH WATER! We spent the morning cleaning it up. Luckily you have to be clean as missionaries so our things weren´t all over the floor. For lunch we bought some food at a bakery and went to the cute little square here they have with a fountain. It reminded me of New York. This is the cutest little town. Then monday night we went and had an FHE with our recent converts. We played barbie uno and someone said, man you americans have the most complicated games. haha it was way fun! Uno is a hit here!!!

Funny questions that little kids asked me this week?
`Do you know justin bieber?`
`Do you guys come here on a plane everyday?`
`Do your eyes change color at night?`
`Do you know any words in portuguese?` hahaha I laughed so hard at this one.

I love the children!!!!

Anyways, one of my dreams came true this week and I finally found Goiyaba ice cream!!! Wahoo! So good! It is a fruit here and it makes the best juice ever! Also, maracuja ice cream is pretty tasty!
So the baptism of Natalia, the daughter of lady who got baptized the week before, was scheduled for this last saturday. We go there on wednesday to have the dad sign the paper and he kept saying, I think she needs to wait and get to know the church more but I will sign it if that is what she wants and then proceeded to ask her if that is what she really wants in a really influential manner with many subtle messages saying you dont know what you want. We were getting really frustrated and finally natalia said, Fine, I will wait. We were kind of annoyed but knew we just needed to keep having faith. So we told natalia to read and pray that night for another confirmation. We came back friday morning and natalia was SO  EXCITED to talk to us. She said she read and prayed and had a really cool experience and got an answer. We were ecstatic of course. She said she talked to her dad straight up, I know all I need to know and I want to get baptized. Sign the paper. She is so great and the baptism was beautiful! We went on friday to clean the baptismal font (which is really one of those little swimming pools). We got it perfectly clean and put the tarp cover on it. Then friday night was THE BIGGEST STORM EVER! It woke me up in the middle of the night it was so loud and there were just a ton of light flashes through the windows from the lightning. Good thing I have my little eye cover and ear plugs to sleep with :) hahaha Dont judge. anyway, we went in the morning to check on it and the tarp and blown partly off and a ton of dirt fell in. Seeing how it takes like a day to fill up the font we grabbed some strainers and went to work sifting out the dirt. Yeah, we are dedicated. haha It was really fun actually and we have way good sifting skills because that font waaas looking great. Okay, it was just a tad bit dirty but still. Great week, great transfer, I am loving life and loving the mission. Puxa vida que está passando tão rapido!!!!!!

I am glad to hear the wedding plans are coming along. November 17th will be a great day! Manti temple??? kinda random! That leaves the portland one to me! haha tudo bem! Martha I am glad your birthday went great. Also, thanks for the email becca! Good to hear how you are doing! I hope everyone is doing great and enjoying the transition into fall as I am going throught he transition to darker tan lines and more freckles! I love you all!!! Tchau tchau! Até mais!

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment