We are now beginning the 3rd week of the transfer! Que loucura! And this
would be the week of the infamous ``Carnaval``. And as a result, the
city is pretty much deserted. Everyone is at the beach but we are on the
hunt for the elect people who don´t like the beach and want the Gospel.
Wish us luck in finding them! This last week was great but the sun is
coming back with a vengeance and one day I forgot to put on sunscreen.
Ouch.
I have been trying to finish Jesus the Christ this week and I have
about 70 pages left. IT IS SOOOO GOOD. I feel like I am getting to know
Him so much more. I have learned about Him all my life but I feel like
this book really helps me to get a picture of how He really is. Like His
personality and all. It is really cool. Sometimes the things He says to
the pharisees make me laugh because they think they can confuse Jesus?
Good luck. They just ended up looking dumb every time they talk to Him
because hello, He is Jesus. I am just really loving the book and want to
read it again when I get home.
Our investigator Rita is getting ready for her baptism next Saturday
which is gonna be a surprise to Maurício and should be really good. We
had a lesson with her and she said she takes the BOM with her everywhere
she goes and especially when she goes on vacation. Sister Anderson is
speaking Portuguese like a PRO! Seriously. Yesterday, NONE of the
speakers showed up for church. Luckily, this ward has four back up
sister missionaries to call on and so they used plan B and we all gave a
short little talk. I am pretty excited that giving a talk on the spot
is getting easier and easier (don´t get any ideas Bishop) haha But it
was good and when we asked Sister Anderson if she could give a short
talk she hesitated at first and I could tell she was a little scared
but she accepted and went for it and it was AWESOME. She is talking so
well and it is the biggest reminder to me at how important this work is
and how the Lord will give His missionaries the tools he needs. Gift of
tongues baby. It´s pretty cool. Also, it must mean I am a pretty good
trainer right? haha JK she is just really smart.
We had an investigator call us the other day and say goodbye and that
she can´t meet with us anymore because her mom is giving her a rough
time and actually stopped talking to her. The woman is 40 years old but
her mom lives with her and is making life miserable for her. She said
she will continue to read the BOM and will call us when things calm down
a bit. I am not gonna lie I was pretty sad. I wanted to help her so bad
and I know she wants it and so it is hard that someone else is just
trying to get in the way. But we are gonna keep praying for her.
Well the celebration of carnaval actually started Saturday and will end Wednesday. We were doing visits Saturday and it was SO HARD to find
people at home and we had a member with us. We walked the whole day and
all the lessons we gave were standing so we were all pretty tired. The
member that was with us bought us popsicles and she shared some words of
wisdom that her mission prep teacher told her, ``When you are with the
missionaries and they are having a hard day, stop a second and buy them a
milkshake.`` haha she said she didn´t see anywhere selling milkshakes
so popsicles would have to do. I agree with that teacher and was very
glad to eat that popsicle. I think everyone else should put into
practice those wise words as well.
We were teaching a lady about eternal families and she just wasn´t
getting it. She said, ``If families were forever than no one in heaven
would be happy.`` It made me pretty sad. And grateful for the knowledge I
have about eternal families. And for the wonderful family that I have.
I can really see that my teaching has improved a lot these last couple
weeks and I am learning to be a lot more courageous than I ever was
before. I think when we are put in a position to be an example it really
gives us an opportunity to step up to the plate and get the job done. I
have been trying to do that lately and it seems to be working. Only
because the Lord has been holding my hand the whole way but still.
We had a lesson with another investigator and were teaching about a
principle that she wasn´t really getting. I bore my testimony to her and
she said she still didn´t understand but she could see truth in my eyes
as I bore testimony and so she is gonna trust us enough to pray and
study. It made me think of how powerful our testimonies really can be
and how important it is that we share them. During the mission, before,
and especially after for the rest of our lives. I think the after will
be the real test.
Yesterday at church a couple that says EVERY week when I ask if they are
coming to church Saturday night, ``OF COURSE WE ARE`` and haven´t come
for the past month or more finally came! I was SO HAPPY! I hope now that
it becomes a regular thing because I know they will start to see a
difference in their family.
Well this week has really been a blast and I know this transfer is gonna
pass by sooo fast. Gotta really enjoy it while it is here! I am so
excited for you Rachael and am telling everyone that is preparing for a
mission here ``OH cool, maybe you will meet my sister in the MTC! She
looks just like me and her name will be Sister Zeller!`` haha You will
for sure meet my MTC comp who is serving in Fortaleza. Pretty cool. She
could even train you! Ahh. I send my love to all of you! and the
cousins!!!!!
Tchau tchau!
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment