Monday, February 4, 2013

As green as it gets

haha That was me describing my new companion. haha A new greenie! We went to Vitória tuesday to pick up our newbies. It was hard to part with my first trainee Sister Wedma but she is actually headed to my first area so I am happy and excited for her. Sister Peterson is training the Brazilian from recife (Mace, I showed her a picture of your family and she said she already met your dad before. Random but kinda cool.)

My comp is American and her name is Sister Anderson (I always want to say her name like in the matrix, Mister Anderson haha) and she is also from the awesome pacific northwest. To be more specific, Auburn, Washington. Her mom is Japanese and so ALL the people here think she is from Asia and ask her to speak Japanese. It´s pretty funny because they all mention that her eyes are different. haha She is 21 and just arrived here in the mission Tuesday from the MTC in São Paulo. But, she is already speaking Portuguese like a pro! I already went the whole train a Brazilian route and now I get to do the same with an American. haha As a result of the little language barrier I have been teaching more this past week than ever. Sister Anderson is learning way fast because she is not afraid to try or say things wrong. That is how it has to be. But still as she is learning I am trying to give her little parts to teach without overwhelming her. I remember when I first got here and how hard it was to try and teach and have no idea what you are saying let alone what the person you are teaching is saying. haha But this will be good for me to really improve my teaching skills and confidence.
We marked a baptism date with Maurício's (recent convert) mom and so we are working with her and I am really excited for her baptism. She wants to surprise Maurício though so we have to do everything on the downlow which gets kind of complicated but we will figure it out. 

Last p-day we found a john bytheway cd and listened to it. It was so funny and made me think of EFY and being a youth in the church. GOOD TIMES!

We are teaching Isabel and Benício and they are progressing slowly but surely. Isabel was sick sunday so she couldn´t make it to church and I was kind of bummed but she is realizing more and more every day how true the church is. She just needs to learn to recognize the answers that Heavenly Father is giving her.

Also, the infamous ``Carnaval`` starts friday and goes until next wednesday. This week should be fun and actually we have to get home a little earlier every day to avoid the parties in the streets. It shouldn´t be too bad here in Campos because everyone just leaves the city and goes to the beach. 

Also, RACH! You are 21! Crazy! I am so excited for you! March 13th is gonna come so fast! Ahhh!

There is a guy is our ward here that is heading to the MTC on Thursday. This last Saturday night they had a little going away party for him at the church. They had some returned missionaries share an experience from their mission and they asked me to share an experience as a current missionary. It was way cool to think back at all the experiences I have had and share just one of them. It made me remember how lucky I am to be here and to have had these experiences and difficulties that have helped me to learn and grow. And I´m not gonna lie, a mission is pretty fun too. You have some pretty random things happen that just make you laugh. 

This transfer is only 5 weeks instead of 6 and is gonna FLY by! Love you all! Dont forget to write me before it gets to late!!!! That means you!

Love you mom and dad and thanks for EVERYTHING!
Beijão!
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment