RACHAEL IS COMING TO BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!! Too bad it´s not the best
mission here in Brasil (Vitória is, duh) but I think Fortaleza is second
best or something like that. I am SO excited!!! Ahhhh! Portuguese is
the BEST! (Italian second best). Spanish is way down there (jimmy). How
funny is that? The brunettes in Italy and the blondes in Brazil! Martha
is going to..........???????????? They will have a temple there! LUCKY!
So she leaves in march? What a great birthday present to me!!! Get that
visa paper work in girl!! haha NOW! haha I am giddy! Did anyone else
guess right besides me???
So back to me. haha. Last p-day we had our halloween
party in our apartment with the other sisters. We carved pumpkins (and
taught the other sisters how to carve pumpkins haha) and ate cake and
other goodies and took pictures with our fake vampire and hillbilly
teeth. We played skip boo. I may or may not have lost. Don´t wanna talk
about it. There was even a full moon. It was a lot of fun!
Today we are having our Christmas P-day because we
won´t all be together on Christmas. More on how that went next week. But
yeah, I am leaving here and have been saying goodbye to everyone and
everything. All the missionaries say they will come back and visit and
never do but I WILL! Now I have someone to come back with, RACHAEL!!!!! I
am going to have to learn to walk again because I have been on a bike
all day every day for the past 12 weeks. WEIRD! I am gonna be tripping
all over the place! Sister Peterson and I went and had dinner at a
Pizzaria (Pizza place if you couldn´t figure that one out) the other day
and it was delicious! They don´t even have pepperoni here though! We
were talking about how nice it is to go into restaurants because the
people have no choice but to be nice to you and talk to you! haha So
good every once and a while! haha Friday things cooled way down and some
rain clouds rolled into town. So it has been raining the past couple of
days. I have been trying to enjoy my time on the bike and we made our
last ride out to the little town we have been working in. I have been
taking a bagillion pictures of everything and am going to miss this tiny
town so much!!!!
Sunday was really great. There were a ton of people
that came to church and it was so good to see the frequency go up
because it has been weak the past couple weeks. Our investigator Ana
Maria bore her testimony on faith. It was so good. She said how faith is
when everything gets in your way of following God but you just keep
going. She talked about how sometimes it is hard to sit in church with
your kids running around and other things people use as excuses not to
go and how really your testimony and faith will help you overcome
anything. It was SO good. We are pretty sad we are going to miss their
wedding and baptism but she said she will send us pictures. We had an
FHE last night at the church that the members did for us to say goodbye.
They had a TON of food and we took a TON of pictures and their was a
TON of crying. Sister Peterson and I thanked everyone and bore our
testimonies and Ana Maria started crying and then I started crying. Oh
man. It is so hard to leave people and it just makes me so grateful to
know that we can all see each other again someday.
I am so grateful for the time I have had here. I
have learned so much in these two short transferes that I have had.
There are some members here that are just so amazing. They sacrifice
anything for the Gospel and help the missionaries so much and always
talk about the Gospel with everyone without awkwardness, embarrassment
or hesistation. I have learned a lot with them and I am going to miss
all of the wonderful families we have been teaching! But the work goes
on! I am sad to leave the other sisters too. Sister Vieira is going home
in December and I wanted to live with her so bad her last transfer!
Tudo bem!
Mas, uma boa semana para todos vocês! Te amo!
Sister Zeller
I love how Marg calls attendance at church "frequency" because the portuguese word for attendance is "frequencia"
ReplyDelete