Yep. I was transferred. And dreams come true. But I will get to that in a bit. First of all, Happy Birthday Dad!
What are you like, 40 now? You are getting old. Man, my dad is cool.
Also, feliz aniversário Macey Jones Petersen!!!!!!! You old lady you!
So
last monday was our last day in our beloved Quissamã. We had our
christmas party with S. Vieira e Araújo. We sang ALL the christmas songs
in the hymnbook and decorated our christmas tree (more like christmas
stick). We actually had real christmas lights! Wahoo! It was way fun to
spend one last night with the sisters. We also spent a ton of the day
packing. I hate packing btw.
Tuesday we were at the bust stop at 5:30am
to take the 2 hour bus ride to Campos and then meet up with the rest of
the ELders and then take the 4 hour bus ride back to vitoria. It was a
long morning and it was SO sad to leave Rio!!! BUT.......... at the
church we met the 4 new sisters! They are all so cute! 2 Brazilians, 1
utahn, and 1 argentina. Pretty cool! And the winner for greenie with the
best trainer is????????? Sister Wedma da Silva from Recife! Yep, I am
officially training now. My comp is 22 year old Sister Wedma. She is
from Recife and hit the 2 year member mark this past week (we celebrated
with cake of course). She is awesome and I am loving my time with her
so far. That was part of the dream that came true.
The other part: I
returned to RIO! I am now serving in Campos 2. It is city and favela at
the same time. haha There are areas of both. The downtown area is SO
NICE. We want to convert some rich people cause I heard its really hard.
haha The last part of the dream that came true.......... Sister
Peterson is training the argentinan in Campos 1!!! So we are living
together and serving in the same ward! It is pretty much ``the besht.``
So on transfer day we got to take the 4 hour bus ride back to RIO.
Wahoo! The elders were like ``We left the apartment SO CLEAN for you
guys.`` HA! Girls and boys have very different definitions of clean.
Needless to say we spent a lot of time scrubbing and cleaning this week.
It has been pretty rainy this week but we have been working hard and
trying to navigate our way around in this new huge area (which isnt too
hard because of my wicked map skills).
This ward is great and there are a
TON of YW that are preparing to serve!!! It is gonna be a great
adventure here! At the transfer there was a training about working
together. They showed a video of a guy with one leg and a woman with one
arm doing ballet together and it was beautiful. They talked about how
we should focus on each others strengths and not weaknesses and always
try to work together. Right now this obviously applies to life as a
missionary with companions and what not but also just life in general
with pretty much every person around you. We should always look for the
best in people. Anyways, I am excited for this next week and I know its
gonna be a good one! November is just FLYING by! Pretty soon 2012 will
be in the past (if the world doesn´t end that is).
Tchau! Amo vocês! Até mais meus queridos!
Sister Zeller
ALso, I heard about Obama. BUMMER!
No comments:
Post a Comment