This week is the LAST week of the transfer!!! What?!?!?! Six weeks went by so fast! Transfers will be next week but a really smart little bird in a tie and a name tag already told me I will be staying here with my companion for at least one more transfer! Wahoo!!!! I am so glad! I love it so much here and we are having a Ton of success!!!! Speaking of success, we had a baptism this week that was just beautiful! We have been teaching this amazing family and even though the dad is a bit slow, actually he is reeeaaallllyyyy slow the rest of the family is amazing. The mom and older daughter were baptized on Friday night and the other daughter is going to be baptized this saturday. The older daughter is 18 and she wants to go on a mission really bad! AhhhH! She is going to be amazing! We were so happy that day and I kept thinking of that scripture in Alma 31:38 that is talking about Alma and how he wasn´t given any trial that wouldn´t be swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Something like that. But it is so true. All of the challenges about a mission are totally forgotten when you have moments when you can see the gospel touch someones heart and change their life. What a privelage it is to be here!
Now some funny things:
All the
little kids are always yelling us to speak english or trying to climb on
our bikes or telling us we dont need helmets. haha The other day we
were talking to some kids then we started riding away and I was thinking
``this is weird, the wind is really pushing me fast`` Then I looked
behind me and this five year old little girl was running behind my bike
pushing it. I started laughing so hard and then she gave up. haha kids
these days.
Here in brazil they dont just cut oranges down the
center. You have to peel it with a knife and then you can eat it. Just
so you know, I am TERRIBLE at it. I almost cut my finger off the other
day. I am going to stick to the American way. haha
We sang at the baptism, I believe in Christ but it was like portuguese and english and it was way cool.
We
went on splits again and I always get a little nervous but it was
totally fun. I am always worried there are going to be awkward silences
and I won´t know what to say but one thing on the mission I have
learned: People like to talk. A lot. haha In all parts of the world.
We rode out to a different little town this week for
lunch one day. We rode down this dirt road and it was the most
beautiful ride. Palm trees and cows as far as the eye can see. haha We
took about a million pictures.
The other day it was raining ash. They are burning
all the fields and all of the ash was coming down on us pretty much the
whole night as we rode our bikes around.
During
the middle of one of our lessons the lady we were teaching started
busting up laughing. I was teaching about the great apostasy and she
just started cracking up. It was so awkward. haha We tried to continue
and she would get it together and then a minute later bust up laughing
again. So weird.
This week was so tiring. Mostly physically tiring.
The wind and sun are really kicking it up a gear. But I am so glad to be
staying here for another transfer and really pumped about how the work
is going here! Thanks for the prayers and support! I can feel it
everyday!
I am glad the house is getting whipped into shape (i
know you are really doing this for my homecoming and the whole ``katies
reception is gonna be at our house thing`` is just a cover story).
Thanks for the love!!! Love you all!!
Tchau tchau! Beijinhos!
Sister Zeller
Also, the computer isnt letting me attach pictures. Lame. Maybe next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment