Monday, August 20, 2012

Festa Junina!

Another week full of lots of awesome things. This is the last week of the transfer!!! Saturday night I will find out my fate! Crazy! I love my area! I am having such a great time working with Sister Dias! I am realizing right now that I forgot my list of things to write about. whoops! Time to test my memory! haha I will start at the begining. Last monday night we had a family home evening at the bishops house and we invited a couple of our investigators. It was so much fun and our investigators loved it. Our investigator Mariana who has the little boy cadu who I always talk about was there. During the closing prayer I had my eyes closed, of course, but I had a weird feeling so I opened my eyes a little bit and cadu was standing right in front of me with his face right in front of mine staring at me waiting for me to open my eyes. I busted up laughing but tried to keep it quiet until the prayer was over. Only two years old but man that kid is so funny. The FHE was great and when we had to leave in order to get home in time our one investigator Aureliano who we just started teaching last week stayed at the bishops house talking. Later we found out he stayed for such a long time just talking about the church and asking questions and what not. He is a golden investigator. We are hoping for a baptism this week. He is totally prepared. Whenever we teach anyone we give them our phone number and say `if you have any questions you can call us!`` No one ever does. Except this investigator. Multiple times a day he calls us and asks us to explain something in the BOM he is reading or he has a question about the church. It is so cool to see him truly searching for the truth. Good thing he found it! He will be baptized for sure. It is so humbling to know that my companion and I really didn´t do anything. Heavenly Father already prepared him to receive this gospel we just ushered him through the doors of the church. haha Oh man. Life is great.
Thursday we had our district meeting and I got to give a little training. I was SO nervous but it went way good. I´m smarter than I think I am. haha jk jk But it went good and was way fun. Friday night was the ward activity ``Festa Junina`` It is this thing in Brazil. THe month of June they have these parties and they dress up like the girls in the photo I attached and eat food and dance. Pretty cool. But the funny thing is that it is already august and they are having the party. haha Mormon standard time!!! But it was fun. We ate a bunch of cotton candy. Sister Dias put some freckles on my face cause I guess that is part of the tradition too. haha Way fun to be there with all the members and eat hot dogs, and barbeque and other brazilian foods and cake! 

The difficulty of the week was definitely working with members. We had every single day marked with a member to come work with us. As the week went on... every... member... cancelled. haha Oh man. But we pulled through and Sunday had some members with us. Great week all in all.

Sister Dias and I were looking in the new Liahona and there is an article about Natural Disasters and how we don´t need to have fear. The first thing sister dias said when she read the title was ``OH NO! If it´s in the Liahona it´s gonna happen!` She was getting all scared which was what the article was trying to prevent. haha It was funny. But it made me think about how many horrible things happen and you just have no idea when they are gonna come your way. We were with an investigator this week when she got a phone call that her cousin had been hit by a drunk driver and passed away. I watched as she burst into tears with the news and it was heartbreaking. It was a very good feeling to be able to share parts of the BOM that will help her to get through this hard time. So many things can go wrong in this life but really they aren´t going wrong, they are just going against our little vision of things. God is the one who can see the bigger picture and we have to put our trust in Him. Every difficulty is an opportunity to grow.  As they say, what doesn´t kill ya makes ya stronger. But that is true only if you let it. 

Anyways, I am sure I forgot some funny experiences of the week that were on my list but oh well. I will tell you in person when I get home. haha Love you all! I hope you are having the best vacation every! Feel free to stop by Brazil and say hello! Say hi to harry potter for me! Take lots of pictures and then send them to me!! 

Tchau!

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment