Monday, August 20, 2012

Boa Semana para mim!‏

Here we are again. Sometimes it feels like p-day comes SO fast and others like it is SO far away. haha This week was reeeaaallly good. We had a lot of success this week in finding new people to teach and our companionship is as good as ever! The other two sisters that live with us are not getting along very well and it is sad to see. I pray for them and am so grateful for the wonderful companion that I have. She is such a great teacher and knows the Gospel so well. It is starting to sink in just a little that I only have a few more weeks with her. Tear. QUE COISA TRISTE! It´s amazing how well you can get along with someone when you don´t think about yourself. Not that I never think about myself. It´s something I have been working on and really seeing the results. When you put in your best effort Heavenly Father will help you to change. Back to my week:
So last Monday I watched the other two sisters try to make chocolate chip cookies. NO ONE eats cookies here. They aren´t popular, like, at all. So of course the sisters were kind of lost making them. I don´t know how to make them by memory either but I knew what they were doing was wrong. haha It was pretty funny but the last batch turned out good. Sad that they don't have cookie dough in the stores here that you can just buy, cook and enjoy (or sometimes just eat raw). Trash hole, I hope you feel my pain.

Also on Monday we hit the grocery store like every Monday but this time it was a little different. I guess Espirito Santo is goin green because they aren´t giving out plastic bags anymore. They are selling them and those bigger `green`shopping bags (mom, ya know? like the ones you use? haha) So we already bought all our things and the lady asks if we want to buy bags. Of course we don't. So they put all our groceries in a big cardboard box (i think they are giving out all the ones they use to transport products and all that) and we carried our giant cardboard box full of groceries home. We looked ridiculous I´m sure. Also, later that day as we were walking Sister Dias heard a squeaking noise. She said she thought it was my shoes. We walked a bit more and investigated the situation a bit. It wasn't. We kept hearing it so as we were walking we were examining everything to find out where the squeaking noise was coming from! It took forever and once again, we looked ridiculous. We finally discovered that it was sister dias´s name tag. haha What a relief.

We have been finding a ton of new investigators this past week which is really great. We had a bunch at church on Sunday and things are looking great for this transfer! We are working hard and seeing great results. Of course people always have their agency but we are gonna do our part. Cadu, the little boy of one of our investigators (he is 1 and a half) started saying my name! Sissa zella! IT is the cutest thing ever! At the end of every lesson he looks at his mom and says ``tchau mamai`` cause he wants to leave with us. Then he puts on his shoes and heads to the door. Then started saying tchau mamai in a more whiny voice and he realizes he cant come. haha so cute.

Sister Dias and I were joking this week that a missionaries first question you ask a kid is `How old are you?`` And hoping in your head that they are already 8.  Its funny but actually so true. Baptism is always on the mind. haha

Also, it is totally normal for an entire family to ride all on ONE bike. Like, families with more than one kid. haha Pretty funny to see. Yesterday we watched a family ride by in the rain. The dad was steering AND holding the umbrella with a kid sitting in front and the mom in back. If only I always had my camer with me.

Sundays are always great because we get dressed up a little more and it feels pretty good. The young women were telling us that they wanna be missionaries just like us. haha I know I know, we´re pretty cool. haha jk jk 

This week was seriously great but it is kind of interesting because I have actually been under the weather the last couple days. The good moments outweigh the bad. My Portuguese is coming along great! When I get nervous my skills go down a couple notches but I am working on that. haha Pieces are just coming together though and it is such a good feeling to communicate what you wanna say! Almost 3 months here, it´s about time! haha 

This week I have been studying a lot about charity. How important it is to have charity. Sometimes we think charity is only in the big acts of kindness but really we can show charity through the simplest things. Not getting mad over something little. Forgiving people when they let you down. Not getting offended. Marvin J. Ashton said something about charity that I love. I have the quote on my wall and read it often. The basis is that charity is just being kind and looking for the best in everyone. Definitely a lifelong goal but definitely worthwhile!

Thanks for the emails trash hole. Well, rach and stef. (hint hint macey) I am still waiting for more pictures of the wedding stef! It kind of broke my heart to see the picture of you three at the temple without me. But that´s what I get for going on a mission. haha Darn. Cafe Rio at the airport????? Booyaa! Flying to Utah just got a whole lot better! Love you guys.

Mom, DISNEYWORLD! Wahoo! Lucky! I am jealous but not the really severe jealousy just a little bit. When I get home you can take me to six flags. and Chicago. It´s a deal. And Italy. To see the temple when it´s finished. Disneyworld is my companions dream. She wants to go there so bad. I told her I would meet her there when she goes so don´t even worry about it. I´m already planning a trip.

Yes, I heard about the mustached marauders and I wanna t-shirt too! PLEASE! also a family reunion teacher. That would bring so much joy. Mom, don´t you know I stepped in a puddle the other day and everyone laughed at me? My life is hard. hahaha just send me the t shirt. Love you!

Until next week! Tchau! Boa Semana!

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment