Feliz Dia Dos Amigos! It was friday if you didn´t know. Sister Dias and I
are going to get hamburgers this week to celebrate. They have the
funniest holidays here. They have the day of the children too. haha
Another
week went by. I don´t think I am ever going to get used to how fast the
weeks fly by. But this week was good. THe week started out SO COLD but
during the weekend the sun came back with a vengeance. Pretty cool
things happened this week. Our recent convert, Serjio, baptized a lady
the elders are teaching on saturday. He kept saying afterwards, ``my
first baptism!`` It is so cool to see that family progressing and
receiving so many blessings through the Gospel and the priesthood.
Sunday we had so many investigators at church it was great!!! So we talk
to people all day in the street and ask them if they like to learn more
and invite them to church. This sunday two ladies that we talked to
actually showed up! Sister Dias said that was the second time in her
mission that has happened! Our efforts are worth it afterall! They loved
church though and are coming to the relief society activity wednesday!
Can´t wait to see what happens! The Elders, SIster Dias and I planned an
activity this week. It was an activity for less actives, recent
converst and investigators. We invited a lot of people and we had a
bunch of member, ONE less active and TWO recent converts. haha But it
was still really fun. We played this way fun game. Sister Dias and I
made giant dice out of the cardboard box that you sent me mom. It was a
hit and everyone had fun throwing the giant dice in the air. The
activity was way fun.
The other day Sister Dias had the bright idea that we should both
dye our hair. I agreed having in mind something totally simple that wont
really change my hair very much. Totally normal for me. haha. But she
is trying to convince me to dye my hair brown! She won´t give up! haha I
think not. Suggestions?
This week we had one day planned with appointments ALL day and we
were going to set baptismal dates with everyone. We even had a member
with us. Then one by one.... every appointment fell through. It was the
worst. But to make up for it we have a ton of NEW investigators that we
are working with. The other day we met a lady who ended up being the mom
of soemone we are teaching and she was also an old investigator of
Sister Dias from a few months ago. Small world.
So the water was turned off in the city on saturday and everyone was
freaking out but not to worry. It was back on sunday so everyone wasn´t
nasty and smelly at church. haha
Funniest thing here. So I
learned to french braid my hair before I left and so I braid my hair
almost every day. It is fast and easy and helps me stay cooler in the
heat. But it is so funny because everyone here wants to learn. As a
service project I braided the bishops wifes hair for some event. haha I
think the members in the ward are only going to remember me for my
braids. haha
Here in BRazil, flying kites is the popular thing to do. Looking in
the sky at any moment I can see at least 7 kites. ALL of the kids (and
sometimes the adults too) here are running in the streets all day flying
kites. It is so funny to me. They play a game where they try to cut the
other persons line with their line and then run and get their kite when
it falls to the ground. Pretty intense. haha
I saw a little girl with this really comfortable looking blanket.
Then I realized it was almost exactly like the Princess Blanket! Rachel!
I miss that blanket! haha
Last night I actually got sick and am
feeling a little weary right now too. Sorry if this email doesn´t make
sense. haha What can ya do?
Love you all! Have fun at the family reunion and disneyland! LUUCKY!
But I am just a little bit luckier to be here. Tchau! Ate mais!
Love,
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment