Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Hello again!
 
This week has been amazing! I love singing hymns in Portuguese in
class multiple times a day! I am getting better at praying in
Portuguese and can actually get creative with what I say. It's pretty
great! I had the best Christmas ever! Christmas morning we went into
another districts classroom where they had a Christmas tree and they
had put all of their packages under the tree. They took turns and
opened the presents. Some of them had food in them that didn't last so
well being under that tree. haha I also loved Elder Bednars talk on
Sunday! I felt the spirit so strongly! Even though Christmas wasn't
full of gifts (although I have recieved a TON of popcorn, obrigada) I
learned all about the amazing gift of the Atonement and how it can
truly work Miracles in my life! We went on a great walk to the temple
and took way too many pictures. It was a beautiful day! Not a flake of
snow! I never thought I'd see the day it wasn't a white Christmas in
Utah! It truly is a blessing because I have been turning into an
icicle here in Utah. We had a great turkey and mashed potatoes dinner
that was pretty delicious. And I treated myself to some microwave
popcorn that night (I actually do that every night). This morning my
roommate Sister Feistner left for Brazil! She is going to the Campinas
mission. I am so excited for her and sad to see her go at the same
time. She was only my roommate for about two weeks but man have I
grown to love her. It's amazing how quickly you bond with the people
around you here. She was our coordinating sister and was super fun to
be around. So an update on the visa: I still have not recieved the
electronic application for my visa. I listen carefully to the intercom
every time it goes off and wait for them to call my name. No such luck
yet. After that it should only be a couple more weeks. Everyone in my
district filled out their electronic application a couple weeks ago so
I could be the only one left in my district if they all get their
visas soon! Triste! Pray for mine! But it's alright because I know the
Lord is looking out for me.
 
Today is p day and I have a love/hate relationship with p days. I love
that I have time to write letters and do laundry while hanging out
with my branch but I HATE that I feel like I am not learning anything.
After a p day I feel like I am so behind. But it is probably good for
my brain to take a break every week. We didn't get to go to the temple
this morning because it is still closed and we already had our
cleaning time last week so we had even MORE time to ourselves today. I
don't know what to do with so much free time (I never thought I would
say that). 
 
I love my companion Sister Barnes more and more every day.
I am thinking her visa might come soon and I am dreading the day she
leaves. But I know the Lord is with me and if I focus on the work I
will have nothing to worry about. Portuguese is coming along. We have
been teaching multiple lessons everyday so the language gets a bit
easier every time.
 
Two weeks ago two of my roommates moved out (They were shipped out to
South Carolina!) and so there has been four of us lately. My two
companions, me and Sister Feistner (a solo sister). But as I mentioned
she left today. When the first two moved out I got to snag a bottom
bunk and it has been glorious. The mattress is SO nice and I have been
sleeping WAY better. Yay.
 
The MTC truly is amazing. The teachers, the missionaries, the leaders,
everyone. We all have the same purpose and it is so great that we can
all help each other out! There is one leader who does security or
something. He reminds me of Mad eye moody and Mr. Filch from Harry
potter. He resembles Mad eye moody and acts like Mr. Filch. We call
him mad eye filch. Keeps things interesting. haha
 
Thanks so much to everyone for all the Christmas packages and letters!
They were so great! I love you all! Have a Happy New Year!!!
 
-Sister Zeller
 

No comments:

Post a Comment