I can't believe I have been here for almost two whole weeks! Pretty crazy... in the best way possibly! They have Christmas lights up everywhere and it is SO gorgeous (it makes up for the freezing cold weather I guess). We are so busy here at the MTC learning about the gospel, learning portuguese, and learning how to be missionaries. It's all about learning here. So far I have taught FIVE lessons in portuguese! So crazy! So our first real "investigator" that we had to teach five lessons to was named Rui and he was from Rio de Janeiro. After the lesson we learned that his name was actually Brother Petersen and he was going to be our teacher. haha We were all so embarassed because our lessons in portuguese were SO bad. But he assured us we were doing fine. and we actually knew he wasn't a real investegator because my companion had met in once in the math lab at BYU. haha
This week has been pretty great! The portuguese is coming along and is so fun (and hard) to learn. It is such a beautiful language I feel so blessed to be learning it! We had a MTC musical fireside on Sunday night and the BYU mens chorus came and sang. The spirit was SO SO SO strong it was amazing. I love the spirit that music can bring. It can truly bring you closer to your Savior Jesus Christ. Also on Sunday we had relief society. Relief society in the MTC is with ALL the sisters in the MTC and then you have a speaker. Yesterday it was Ann Dibb. (President Monsons Daughter). She was great! She told us stories of the prophet that were so inspirational! She said at the end, " My dad told me last night to tell all of you sisters that he loves you so much and is so proud of you." HOW AMAZING! I started crying so hard when she said that (of course I was already crying before she said that but that just made me cry harder). All of the sisters looked like a wreck after that meeting because we were all bawling. haha
I love my district! We have a lot of fun but we also work very hard! One of the Elders in my district got his visa and is heading to Brazil tomorrow! Crazy! And then there was eight. This week we are getting 21 new missionaries in our branch and 12 of them are SISTERS! That is so many sisters I am excited! They are all going to Portugal but it will still be great! That will make 19 sisters in our branch and who knows how many Elders. haha Yay! My companions and I were walking back to our room the other night and this elder jumped over a bench and yelled "Hardcore Parkour"! It was pretty funny. Oh elders.
I love being on a mission! I pray for you all every night and I love you so much! I have the best family and I am so excited to be with you forever! I hope that I can help some people in Brazil have those blessings too! This Gospel is so amazing and Jesus Christ is the best example we could ever have. Sister Dibb said something in the meeting that really got to me. She said, "your testimony never stays the same. It is either diminishing, or growing and it's up to you which one." I hope everyone's testimony is growing! I know mine is and I am so lucky to be here! Thanks for all the letters. They really are the best thing to get. I love you all! Tchau!
oh and one more time.... send me popcorn :)
No comments:
Post a Comment