Monday, December 26, 2011

CHRISTMAS MAIL!!!

Hello Minha Familia! Feliz Natal!
 
It looks like I get to email on Christmas and on pday which is
tomorrow! Yay! So my Christmas Eve was amazing yesterday! We had a
great day of class and the usual and then last night we had a
Christmas Eve Fireside where they had missionaries dress up as the
Christmas Nativity and we sang songs while they stood up on the stand.
It was kind of funny because you could see the missionary ties poking
through the shepherds and angels!
 
I am having an AMAZING Christmas so far! It really has been great! 
We just got out of our Sacrament meeting with Elder Bednar! He was so 
close it was amazing! I could feel the Spirit so strong! I 
love Christmas! Elder Bednar talked about how it is not
enough to have a testimony of Christ, we must be TRULY
CONVERTED to Christ. We need to study His life and the amazing
characteristics that make Him our Lord and Savior. This is going to be
a long process but we must endure to the end. One trait Elder Bednar
mentioned was how Christ ALWAYS looked outward. He never thought about
himself. The natural man is what makes us turn inward. Through
Christ's atonement we can overcome that and begin to look outward. He
shared some AMAZING stories of how this trait of Christ has been
formed in normal people like you and me. We can all become like Jesus
Christ THROUGH Jesus Christ! I love you all so much and I know that
God and Jesus Christ love you even more. We have challenges in our
life that can bring us closer the Christ if we let them. We must
remember that God knows better than we do. By reading the scriptures we
can develop that relationship and faith in Christ to know that he is
guiding our path. One thing that really stood out to me from Elder
Bednar's talk was when he said "Don't be offended but this mission is
NOT about you. So stop complaining." It was great. And SO TRUE! This
mission isn't about me in the slightest! And how amazing that is! I
don't need to worry about myself, or what I don't like, or what I am
not getting. All I need to worry about is learning to Love the people
I am teaching and doing my best to share with them the amazing message
of their Savior Jesus Christ! I felt the Spirit so strong during that
meeting and I know that I have never been closer to Christ than I am
today. I will never forget this Christmas! Although I do miss you I
know I am where I need to be. No time for homesickness. Sorry. haha
but write me often because I love to hear how everything is going.
 
 
I am running out of time and this computer freezes every
five seconds so it makes writing this very complicated. I am learning
patience as I type. haha Send me lots of things tonight and I will
respond amanha (tomorrow)! Love you all so much! Remember to think of
others this Christmas and how you can help them come closer to their
Savior! Eu te amo!
 
-Sister Margarette Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment