Let me see. This week was kind of rough. I don't really know why but it seemed like all the people were a little more difficult this week. haha There were a bunch of good things too though so don't even worry. First good thing, our recent converts, Sergio e Fernanda came with us to teach a couple that we just started teaching. It was SO COOL! They are going strong and it is so amazing to see. Oh yeah, this next week is the last week of this transfer so who knows where I will be next week and with who!!! Crazy! I love Sister Dias but I think she is gettin a bit trunky. She only has one more transfer.
We started teaching the wife of a member in the ward and they have a shoe store and they gave us new shoes!!! Wahoo! The cutest little flats! I wore them on Sunday and felt pretty great about it.
Moving on, random tidbit about brazil is that they LOVE hot dogs. Every family home evening has ``cachorro quente`` as the refreshment. I think they really are better here. Maybe it is real dog. haha JK but seriously. Who knows.
Today is Sister Dias birthday! She is 25! And oh boy we are doing so many things today and I wont have time to relax one bit let alone write any letters. Desculpe. That doesnt mean you cant write one to me! You have p day every day! What is your excuse! haha That is what I thought!!! Get on it.
So Sister Dias is learning to pray in english. she said the prayer for planning the other day and i gotta say it was pretty funny. It was actually comforting and made me feel good about my portuguese. haha The other day we visited the family of the little boy in the photo. When we were leaving he looked at his parents and said ``tchau papai tchau mamai`` He wanted to come with us. So he grabbed my hand and we started walking down the stairs. Then we he had to go back home he started bawling! And stretching out his hands to me! Oh man. Why cant children come with us to do missionary work? It would get people attention at least. haha Oh man he is so cute.
I saw another guy on a motorcycle get hit by a car. The drivers here are just crazy. He hurt his leg but he was okay. Luckily.
The other night Sister Dias and I were STARVING! so we actually had dinner, went to a local padaria and bought some bread and sat on the sidewalk and ate it. Pretty fun.
This week I have been studying a lot in Preach my gospel
about the attributes of Christ. I have been studying about hope. I read
an article someone sent me that said that hope is expectation based on
experience. I probably already talked about this in my email before but
it wont hurt anyone to say it again. haha It really helped me this week
though. Hope really is when you perservere through the hard things
because you already know God will do His part and it will be okay. We
need to have faith and hope. Dont have a lot of time to talk about this
but I could go one for a while. But i will let you all study it on your
own. Get to it! Love you all!
After this we are going to go hike up the the Convento da Penha
here in Vila Velha. Google it. Beautiful. I will send pictures next
week. Love you all! Tchau Tchau! Beijos!
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment