Tuesday, June 26, 2012

12 June 2012

Another week gone by. Where do I even begin. This week was great. I even attached some awesome pictures to prove it. One of the highlights was when I recieved letters! Thanks caudle, rach, and Sister Barnes! Mom, I got your package too and it was AMAZING. thanks so much. Also, vickie and shane, thanks for the pipoca!!!!!!! So tuesday I had my first Brazilian Churrasco experience. Barbeque if you didnt know. This family that we had lunch with cooked up some meat and oh boy It was SO GOOD! Like tucanos, but free. I ate WAY too much I think. Totally worth it. So thursday was Sister Nicasios birthday and Sister Dias(my companion) is kind of crazy and wanted to wake her up at 12 and give her a cake and have her blow out candles. haha I said no way I wanna sleep. I also told her I didnt think sister nicasio would be so happy. I was right. So at 12am i hear sister dias singing the portuguese version of happy birthday and I hear Sister Nicasio yelling at her and threatening her. oh man. I rolled over and fell back asleep. SO funny. Thursday was a holiday here. Corpus Cristo. Something like that. They had all of these cool things in the middle of the road made with different colored sand and rocks and stuff. See the pictures for more details. It was way sweet. So Friday we had Zone Conference in Vitoria and it was Amazing of course. We snapped some pictures on the beach before it started and they turned out great. See for yourself if you dont believe me. I understood pretty much everything the speaker said and it was so great. He talked about the fire and excitement that new missionaries have. I kept thinking about that and it is so true. I am going to do everything I can to keep my fire burnin! haha He also talked more about talking with everyone and not judging because we cant see people the way that Christ does. Also how we just need to open our mouths. all the time. So true. So afterwards I was all pumped and ready to talk to everyone.  we hopped on the onibus and there was an empty seat next to this guy. I went for it. In my head I was so scared and was like, ahhhh i cant talk to him, i need sister dias, ahhh. But i kept thinking, just open your mouth, just open your mouth. So I did! I had a whole conversation with him about religion and i did it without my companion. booya! It was great. Then I ask if he would like a visit from the missionaries and he says yes. As I am reaching for my planner to get his information I hear my companion yelling that this is the stop and we have to get off. I was SO MAD! haha I was so close. But its okay. I did my part and the Lord will help that person recieve the gospel another way.  It was a great experience though.So saturday night we got to watch the cultural celebration for the dedication of the Manaus Brazil temple. It was so cool! The dances and the culture! I loved it! It reminded me of dance festival. Man, that was so much fun. Sunday was the day of CHUVA! It poured! We went to drop by our recent converts apt. sergio e fernanda and accompany them to the chapel. It was in a different city. So when we got there sergio and fernanda came out looking awesome! Someone in the ward gave sergio a suit and fernanda had on an adorable MODEST dress. My heart melted. They are the cutest sweetest little family. So we headed to the bus stop. Got off the bus and it was POURING! I had my raincoat on and an umbrella but sergio and fernanda had nothing so I gave them my umbrella. I put my hood on but man, i was drenched when we got to the capela and my shoes were making that annoying squeak squeak. haha also on the way sister dias stepped in the mud. One foot and then the other. Oh man, I couldnt help but bust out laughing. It was ridiculous how wet we were and then she stepped in the mud. So funny. But its okay. We went in the bathroom and dried off when we got to the church. So the dedication of the Manaus Temple was on Sunday and it was so beautiful. The people there have waited so long, prayed so hard, and sacrificed so much to finally have a temple. I realize just how much I have taken the temple for granted. Having a temple is such a great blessing. Having a temple close by really is a miracle. Family, I mailed you a little somethin somethin last week! Let me know when you get it!
 
Martha, you owe me an email and you know why!!!! Get on it!
 
Thanks for all the support and prayers! Love you all! Beijos! Tchau!
 
Sister Zeller
 

No comments:

Post a Comment