Hello again. Quite the week here in Wisconsin! Yes, I am still in Wisconsin. But we will get to that later.
Did I fool anyone with my email last week? I love april fools day :) This week was packed full. Last monday after we emailed and bought groceries and all that jazz we got to play soccer with the Elders in our zone. It was way fun but yes, I did end up slipping and falling on my bottom at least once. Pretty embarrassing. haha But so fun!
Tuesday we got to head up to Milwaukee AGAIN for Zone conference. We had to get up early again. Man, those days are killer. But it was seriously so amazing. When I got there I looked on the program and to my surprise my name was on there. I was thinking, "What? No one told me about this!" Turns out all the "new" missionaries and the missionaries who are going home all get to bear their testimonies. So I did that. And of course I cried. A lot. But it really is such a good feeling to share your testimony. You kind of remind yourself of those simple truths that you know but sometimes forget.
I saw by one of the ladies working in the mission office and of course I asked her every question I could think of about when my visa would come. She kept saying, "As soon as we know, you will know." For some reason that wasn't very comforting. The rest of zone conference was good and it really just motivated me SO much to do better than I am doing. It was very spiritual and amazing and I set a lot of goals for myself that will help me to be a better missionary. One of them was to stop worrying about my visa and to just trust in the Lord that it would work out whatever way He wants it to. That was a hard goal to make lemme tell ya. But I knew I had to do it. I promised that I would work my hardest until it came.. or didn't come. Come what may and love it.
Then at zone conference they had a huge presentation on this new "tiwi" program. It is this box that goes in your car and tells you when you are speeding or turning too hard or stopping too quick. Kinda like a built in back seat driver. Fun, right? All the cars are getting them and they are activating them today! Our car is the only one that doesn't have one because we are getting a new car. Yep, brand new 2012. Should be sweet.
So tuesday night when we got back to Racine we had a lesson with an investigator family! It was so cool to teach them and talk to them about their beliefs. It was hard also because the husband knows a TON about the bible and he can pull up these crazy references. Good thing the church is true. haha We talked about how if he reads from the BOM and prays about it, no matter what he found on the internet saying otherwise, he will know that it is true. It is really a great feeling to be able to make those promises to people. The wife really really liked that we believe in eternal marriage. She is going to read and pray too. I have been praying SO hard that they get their answers and will have the courage to follow them.
Wednesday we went around tracking down a lot of media referrals. Pretty much everyone wasn't home or had moved and all the phone numbers were disconnected. But one funny story. We were driving by a little girl, probably about 2 years old, riding a teeny little tricycle on the sidewalk. As we drive by I turn to her and wave. She gets this really excited look and lets go of the bars to wave back. As she is doing the she starts riding over the part of the sidewalk that is slanted because it's part of someones driveway. So as she waves to me her little bike tips right over and she falls off. We could hear her cry as we turned the corner. Whoops. Is it bad that I couldn't stop laughing? She was fine but oh man it was hilarious. I will be more cautious with who I wave too I guess. haha
So Thursday is the day I thought my visa would come. They usually come Tuesdays or Thursday and since it didn't come Tuesday I was hoping for Thursday. I had the phone on loud ALL morning but nothing. Darn. We did a lot of tracting on Thursday and we found one lady who said her and her family were actually looking for a church to start going to. We were like, uhh, this is the one you want. It was pretty cool. We are going back to see her this week.
We also had a media referral for a lady who ordered a BOM. We went to drop it off and it was actually a cool story. She said that she goes to SLC a lot because her daughter lives there. Every time she flies there she sits next to a mormon. She always talks to them and it made her really curious. She sat by a lady once who was mormon and she told her she would have a BOM sent to her. So cool! So we got to go drop it off and the lady said, "Give me two weeks to read this and then come back." I wish everyone wanted to read the BOM! It was awesome! You never know what can happen when you talk to someone about the Gospel. Even on an airplane. So do it! haha
Then came Friday. I thought maybe my visa could come on a Friday so I waited all morning but nothing. Around 5 I figured the travel office was closed so I gave up. Darn, "Maybe next week" I thought. But it wasn't the disappointed feeling in my gut I had felt every other week. I knew the Lord would take care of me so I didn't worry. Then around 9:10pm as we are planning our phone starts ringing. Sister Ross looks at the phone and says, "Ahhh, it's President Jones YOU answer." So I did. He said that he just checked his email and the travel office sent him MY TRAVEL PLANS! MY VISA IS COMING THIS WEEK!!!!! I leave in exactly one week on the 16th!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!
That was the best phone call ever. I don't know why it has taken so long but it's okay. It came it came it came! Wahoo! Only those of you who actually read my whole email get to hear this wonderful news. haha I'm so sneaky. President told my not to get trunky this last week. haha I am gonna work my butt off this week. My last week in America. It's gonna be awesome. And then off to Brazil! I am going to have to step up the language study this week! This time next week I will be on a plane to Brazil! Oh man.
I was jumping around I was so excited I couldn't hold it in. I couldn't fall asleep for the longest time that night either. The point is, I am excited. I already love the people there and I only have to wait another week to finally meet them. Muito legal. I will probably come email before heading to the airport so still email me this next week. I will most likely read them before I go. Obrigada. Okay, moving on.
Friday we had a lesson with our investigator and his less active girlfriend. We were going to talk about the Word of Wisdom that day. So as they are getting ready and sit down at the table for the lesson they both have a cup of coffee right in front of them. Sister Ross and I looked at each other and kind of had a telepathic laugh before we busted out the Word of Wisdom pamphlets. Pretty funny. But the lesson went great and they are making plans to stop smoking and drinking coffee.
We have gotten so many Easter goodies! Thanks becky ;) One couple in the ward who had both served missions gave us Easter baskets with the best missionary goodies (cool post-it notes and markers and stuff). It was the besht. Then we had Easter dinner with the members we live with. It was DELICIOUS. and very buttery. Yum (said like rachel). The members we live with got us little chocolate Easter cows because we are in Wisconsin. So funny. And they got us little chocolate eggs with our names on them. So nice. Church was amazing on Sunday of course.
How amazing is the Atonement? I can't even comprehend it. But what I can I am so thankful for. I know that my Savior suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and that He died on the cross for all of us. I know that after three days He was resurrected and that He lives. I know that He will come again. I know that we will all be resurrected someday and if we do what we need to in this life we can return and live with our older brother Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven.
Random thing: While tracting we knocked on a door. No one was home but as we were walking away I noticed a rock in their yard that said "Martha doesn't live here." I busted up laughing. Duh, she lives in Portland. It was pretty funny.
What a fun trip to rexburg! I love Maral! She is so great. I am glad you all had a fun Easter. So rach is home for the summer? Good, now she can write me a letter. But I will be in Brazil next week so you are gonna have to start sending them there. I can't wait to call you next week! I will call sometime around noon probably. Which would be, 10am your time. Just keep your phone with you all day. I will probably call dads 1 800 number because it is the cheapest.
Yay! I can't wait. Better think up some exciting things to tell me. Send letters now and I will get them after I am in Brazil for two weeks! haha I put my Brazil address on the blog before I left so you should have it. I also just realized how to change the text effects if you can't tell. Just trying to make reading my emails more exciting for ya! If that is even possible! Love you so much! Thank you for all the prayers for my visa! They worked. Told ya mom. haha and I would LOVE to join you at the beach house in july 2013. Partay! haha Until next week! Tchau!
-Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment