Tuesday, April 17, 2012

16 April 2012

Wow. This week went by SO fast and SO slow at the same time. This email is going to be short because I gotta get to the Mission office! Here I come Brazil! So I have three flights. Milwaukee to Detroit. Then Detroit to somewhere in Brazil. Then that somewhere in Brazil to my mission. haha I will be done traveling around 1pm tomorrow. Yay me! I am SO excited! I just hope I get a window seat. Mom, I am sending a box home of my things I don't need to take with me. Just put it with my other stuff and email me when it comes. There has been the biggest storm yesterday and today! SO WINDY! I might blow away before I can get to the airport. But the sky looks pretty darn cool. This week was really good. It is hard to say goodbye to some people that you really connected with and care about. After we told one of our investigators she started crying and then I started crying. Oh man. But it's okay. It is just so humbling to be a missionary and to know how much this Gospel means to people who haven't had it. Let me tell you, it means a lot. I know Brazil is going to be quite the change but I am up for the challenge. We had stake conference yesterday and I realized that was my last Sunday in english for quite some time. Then afterwards someone comes up to me and says, "Are you friends with Stefanie Smith?" I was like YEAH. Mom, it was stef's relative who let us use her beach house last year! She recognized me from pictures on facebook. haha So funny. We talked for a little while and then she got a picture with me and sent it to Stef. It was pretty exciting for me. haha Stef, I love you :) And your dress is beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures. I always thought packing was so difficult but I realized that as a missionary all you do is pack everything you own into two suitcases and you are done. Not too bad. I really am so grateful for the time that I have had to serve in Racine. I have learned SO much here. I know I was supposed to be here for a reason. I am so excited to get to Brazil and get workin down there though. In Stake Conference Elder Rhodes shared a story which I don't have time to send but he talked about how we need to be humble enough to walk in the middle of the path. Sometimes we think we know better and that we can get close to the edge and not be affected by it but really we need to stay as far away from the edge as possible. This message has been given many times before but it really clicked with me this time. I have been enjoying my last week of American food. Hamburgers and pizza and all that jazz. I am excited to try the Brazilian food! And also enjoying my last week in a car. haha It's all on foot from here! It's probably a good thing though. I could use the exercise. They feed the missionaries WAY too much in Racine! haha I had the best spaghetti and meatballs last night with an awesome part-member family. A great last meal. And then it will be airplane food tonight! I should be able to get some good reading in on the long flight.
 
Mom, I am glad you have been having tons of fun lately! Have fun dress shopping with Martha. Will you send me some pictures from Mormon prom? I wanna see! Dinner with deb, jimbo, and jer sounds SO FUN! I love them! The reunions when I get back are gonna be crazy! I am so excited to get to Brazil. I don't think I even realize how different it's gonna be yet but that is all part of the experience right? Culture shock here I come!!! haha I love you so much! And the fam of course! Dad, keep your phone on high!!! If you know what I mean! Next email will be all the way from Brazil! WOW! haha Thanks for all the prayers and support.
 
The pictures are of this cool candy dispenser at the Ward misson leaders house.
Then, the sky and the lake today. So pretty.
Sister Ross and I on my last night!
Our piggle wiggly shirts again. With Chuck in the background.
The geese on two rooftops yellin at each other. Calm it down geese.
 
Tchau!
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment