Yep, you guessed it. This week we finally got snow. But it only snowed
one day so it wasn't too bad. And the snow is melting by now. So I
guess I can't complain. But the thing about Wisconsin is the wind. It
can be just a regular cold winter day but the wind makes it FREEZING!
So we just bundle up and hop in the car. I'm just grateful we have a
car. haha Won't be gettin that in Brazil. Oh, one more thing about the
snow. So the little snowstorm was on Friday. We had an appointment
with an investigator and we were waiting for them to answer the door.
It was taking forever so Sister Jones and I started looking at all the
snow that was started to cover us. The snowflakes here are AWESOME!
They were so so so pretty. They seriously sparkle and are actually
shaped like snowflakes. I hope it snows again just so I can take a
picture. Oh man, they were way cool. It turned out the guy wasn't home
anyway but now I know about the awesome snowflakes so I guess it's
okay. haha So we went to a baptism on Saturday! Don't get too excited,
it was just an 8 year old from the ward. haha but it was still cool.
haha Made me pumped for when we have an investigator in that water!
When all the little kids were gathering by the font one of them said,
"Uhh where are his swim trunks?" and then after the boy was baptized
someone said, "Oh man, now his clothes are all wet." Gotta love kids.
They are just great. Not being able to hold babies is torture
sometimes. haha Oh yeah, so the item of big news today is that
transfers are on Wednesday. Because I am a visa waiter I came here
right before transfers so yep, you guessed it, my companion is getting
transfered! haha Two and half weeks is about as long as she could
handle me I guess. Usually people will have their trainer for two
transfers but lucky me I get them for way less than that and will
probably get 3 trainers. Sister Jones who leaves Wednesday. Sister
Ross who is coming Wednesday. And the lucky missionary in brazil who
will get to train me down there. haha My mission has been pretty
unusual so far. So Sister Ross will be training me to be a missionary
but I will be training HER for the area. And I have only been here for
two weeks. haha This should be an adventure.
Funny story: On Saturday we had to stop by the post office and while
we were waiting in line this lady in front of us turns around and
says, "I'm sorry but have you girls ever read the Real Bible?" We were
like, "Yeah, we believe in the Bible." Then she started going off
about how she is trying to help us and is worried about our souls and
all that. It was kinda funny. Sister Jones and I just kind of stared
at her for a bit and then it was her turn at the register so she left.
haha I had a good laugh. I need to get better at thinking on my feet.
We went to a part-member families house the other day and the
nonmember was telling me that he googled Vitoria and he said it was so
beautiful! Someday I will get there. haha Also this week we stopped by
the family history center at the church building to see how to do
everything so we can put a family history fireside together and people
can invite nonmembers. We went there and there was the cutest old
couple running the place. They showed us everything. No offense to old
people but it was so funny watching them try to work the computers. I
kind of wanted to be like, hey, let me show you how to work that
thing. But I let them figure it out on their own. Even though it took
a lot longer it was pretty funny.
On Tuesday we had our district meeting and it was pretty fun.
Afterwards they always play ninja so we did that and yep, I am awesome
and I totally won. I guess I got really good all those nights we
played ninja at King Henry. haha Also, last p-day sister Jones and I
bought a pizza and some cookie dough and had a really yummy dinner
that night. It was pretty fun. Don't laugh at me. You only have so
many options when you are a missionary okay!
Also, man the full moon the other night was so BEAUTIFUL! I can see
the moon from my bed and I could not stop staring at it here. And the
stars here are so bright and so vivid too (anyone catch that
reference?) I love the SKY!
Caudle! Thanks so much for your letter! It was pretty awesome! I was
so excited I had a piece of mail you have no idea! So parabens because
you were my first letter in Wisconsin! (hint hint to everyone else out
there who said they were my friend... jk. I forgive you... sort of).
Mom, what is that website that you buy edited DVD's from? A lady in
the ward want to know. I told her I would ask you. And this lady also
reminds me a TON of you. She is fun and crazy and awesome. We had
dinner with her family the other night and she was telling us stories
of when she was a camp leader and the YW President. Let's just say,
you two would get along great. haha I am glad you had a great time at
me. Did she hear back from BYU yet? I gotta know! Also, I haven't had
too much cheese yet. They aren't as cheese crazy as you think. But
they ARE crazy for the greenbay packers. Like, really obsessed. haha
So this Valentines day I have gotten more candy than I ever have
before! Oh man, everyone wants to give the missionaries a little
treat! Good thing we have to exercise for an hour every morning.
One of the things I love so much about being on a mission is the time
that I have to read the Book of Mormon. I have been reading in Alma
for the past week (because it is SO long) and oh boy is it good. It
takes me forever to get through a chapter because I am too busy taking
notes and thinking about everything. I LOVE IT! You can seriously
learn so much from the Book of Mormon. I remember when I was younger
it was hard to read the BOM because I just didn't think it was very
exciting of fun to read ya know? I was so wrong. When I read now it is
hard not to get into it what with all the crazy wars and battles and
bad guys and awesome guys and cool stories. Way better than Lord of
the Rings. I gotta say. haha But it's great and I encourage everyone
to make sure they read it every day! Unlike all the other exciting
books out there this one will bring the Spirit into your life and can
help you become more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. At least that is
what it does for me cada dia.
I love this Gospel so much! Man, there are so many people out there
who don't have it! It is SO important for those that do have it to
live their lives so that they can be examples of Jesus Christ. And it
is so important for those who hold the priesthood to be worthy of that
priesthood and use it for the benefit of their families and those
around them. Those are just some things that have been on my mind
since being here. Although I am freezing I am lovin it!
Well I hope everyone had a great week and that everyone has a very
Happy Valentine's Day! Don't eat chocolate though, it's gross!
(everyone makes fun of me here for not liking chocolate)
Tchau until next week!
Sister Zeller
I NEED A DICTIONARY PLEASE!
ReplyDelete