Wednesday, February 22, 2012

21 February 2012

I know everyone was glued to the computer yesterday waiting for my
email but P-day was changed to Tuesday this week because of the
holiday. Sorry about the delay. haha Don't worry, I am still here.
Mom, I know you were freaking out. haha

So this week has been CRAZY!
In the best way possible. On tuesday last week we had a lesson with an
investigator and we were teaching the first lesson, the Restoration.
Believe it or not that was kind of my first REAL lesson with an
investigator even though I have been in the field for almost 4 weeks.


We work with a lot of less actives. But it was the most amazing thing
ever. I loved every minute of it even though I was super nervous and
scared before we went in. Sister Jones said that I had to recite the
first vision in the lesson and in the MTC I memorized it in portuguese
so now I had to memorize it in english. Let me tell you, just because
you know something in one language doesn't mean you know it in the
other. haha But thanks to my seminary scripture mastery days I was
able to memorize it super quick.

And the SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG in the
lesson when I said the first vision and when we talked about Joseph
Smith. He was listening so intently and he was even taking notes! I am
SO excited for this investigator! We have another lesson with him on
Friday and I can't wait. Oh man. Being a missionary is amazing and
hard and so many things.

So in other news, wednesday was transfer day.
We drove to Milwaukie and hung out at the stake center with all the
other missionaries being transferred and waiting for new companions. I
met some other visa waiters and they said they have been here for 12
weeks and JUST got their electronic the same time as me. Oh man! I am
so lucky mine came while I was still in the MTC! Crazy stuff.

I met my new companion, drumroll please..... Sister ROSS! She is awesome. We
are getting along great and having a ton of fun together. She loves to
laugh like me so that keeps things fun. She is from Ephraim, Utah.
Everyone serving here is from Utah. Seriously. (except the visa
waiters like me. go Oregon) Anyhoo, so I am on to my second companion
in the field. 2 comps in just 3 weeks! That has gotta be a record or
something.

So since we are both new to the area we have been relying
on our GPS quite a bit. We only have a certain amount of miles we are
allowed to go each month and so I have a feeling we might go over this
month. We have gotten lost a few times. GPS's can only help so much.


Things have been good though. It has been a little challenge for me to
kind of be the leader here because I know the area better so I have to
be the one to kind of plan who we are going to see. Talk about
pressure on the Greenie! But it's good because it will help me to
learn that much faster how to be the best missionary I can be. (Becky
thanks for the letter! You rock!) Also, my comp and I listened to this
CD of the conversion story of "Bill Carpenter" It was amazing. Go find
it and listen to it. Right now. I'm not joking. Do it.


The other night some members took us to this pizza restaurant for
dinner and oh boy was it delicious. Mmmmm. It was nice and cheesy. The
cheese here is pretty good. I had "chocolate cheese" the other night.
Yeah, I bet you didn't know that existed. I tried it even though I
don't really like chocolate. It was interesting. I have actually been
eating a LOT of chocolate here. People always have it for desert so I
just go for it. Nope, I still don't like it. Yes, I know I am weird.


Anyway, I have been kind of sick this week, just a little cold but I
took some nyquil the other night and I slept AWESOME! Don't worry, I'm
not gonna get addicted. But I think that was the first night I
actually slept the whole night through since I went into the MTC. It
felt pretty great. Last night we had dinner at this members house and
they had three little kids. They were so funny and kept making Knock
Knock jokes that made NO SENSE whatsoever. I was laughing pretty hard.


Also, anyone seen Win a Date with Tad Hamilton? You know how she works
at a store called "piggly wiggly"? Yeah, it's a real store. Everyone
shops there. So funny. I laugh whenever anyone mentions it. Sometimes
they just say they went to the "piggly". haha One member we were
seeing has a sugar glider as a pet and my comp was holding it and
after we left there house she looks at me and says, "that little thing
totally peed all over my arm." HAHA She was pretty good at hiding it.
I had a good laugh!

Katie, remember your transformers ring? I bought
one kind of like it here because it reminds me of you... and it was
only five bucks. haha Oh yeah, we have been meeting with this one lady
and just kind of visiting with her and we gave her a book of mormon
and talked about it and she goes, "Oh, Mormon is a person?" It's
amazing that people just really don't know a lot about the Gospel. She
was really excited to read it though so we will see how that goes!

Well fam, things here are going great for me. I love this gospel so
much. Every day I come to love the Book of Mormon more and more. I
just got into 3 Nephi and I can't wait to read about when the Savior
visits the Americas. What a blessing it is to have this Gospel in our
lives and we have an obligation to share it with those around us. I
love you so much!


Love,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment