Wahoo! Happy fourth of July
everyone!
This week was SO hard in the aspect of finding people to
teach and having them actually listen. But it´s okay. There will always
be weeks like that. But, in all other aspects this week was really
great.
I just love fourth of July. Tuesday night we stopped by the
supermarket and I bought stuff to make a cake (yes, ME, making a cake.
true story.) I wanted to make an American flag cake. I figured
strawberry could be the red stripes and I melted white chocolate to be
the white stripes. Finding something BLUE was the hardest thing ever!
They dont even have food coloring! So I bought some blue mentos which
turned out to not be so blue. Only a blue tint. haha but the cake turned
out pretty awesome. See for yourself.
For comp. study we sang the
national anthem. Well, the brazilians tried to sing with me but mostly I
just sang it alone. It was
awesome! haha and pretty funny. And the cake was actually pretty good.
Not the mentos part but the part with the strawberries. Duh. haha
Oh
yeah, Tuesday was transfers!!! Our beloved district leader left! So sad!
The other photo is from Monday. We all went and had one last lunch
together. Way fun. The two Elders in the picture have the coolest story
ever. THey are from the same town and were friends before and came to
know the church around the same time. The Elder who just went home
trained the other Elder. Many more details to the story but it is way
cool how they both ended up on a mission. Lets just say there was a lot
of crying when they were separated. Yep, boys cry too.
Sidenotes: Mom, I
saw a dead cobra in the road the other day. Thought you would wanna
know.
Tuesday was a full moon! Man, I love the moon. Martha. were you
looking? THE SAME MOON! Dad, I got the package! The backpack is awesome
and the other stuff is amazing as well. Thanks a
million!
We had Churrasco again this week!!! So good! I shared the message and
when I opened my scriptures the picture I have in there of rach katie
martha and I at alex's wedding popped out and then EVERYONE started
passing it around. It was really funny. haha Martha, they think your
name is very difficult to pronounce.
Saturday we had a Zone meeting in the coolest chapel ever in Itapuan.
Right by the beach. It was really cool and we set some goals as a zone
that are gonna help us work even harder. It was pretty fun too.
We
had a lesson the other day and one of the members was telling us how
ugly our sandals are. He was like YOU arent ugly, but those shoes! I was
wearing the chacos. SO FUNNY! We were like, we already know. Its
something only missionaries understand. Maybe only sister missionaries.
haha we had a good laugh.
Sometimes portuguese is SO frustrating but I can tell I am getting the
hang of it more and more. The struggle is part of it but it is a pretty
annoying part.
We have a new district leader, Elder Bodily from
boise Idaho. He goes home at the end of this transfer! Lots of changes
coming! Yikes!
Dad, thanks for the fast. I´m not just saying this but I really could feel the effects of it this week. Thanks. A lot.
Sunday we walked. and walked. and walked. My legs almost fell off at the end of the day.
This
week I read something so interesting in the BOM. In Alma chapter 5. I
think versers 14-16 but im not exactly sure. It talks about receiving
His image in your countenance. I have been thinking a lot about this
lately. As a missionary sometimes it seems like such a huge
responsibility to be a representative of Jesus Christ but really as a
member of the church I already promised to take His name upon me and
every day strive to be more like Him. Just read the scriptures, it
explains it a lot better than I can. haha
Mom, when is the fam reunion? You are gonna send me a t-shirt right? right?
Love you all! Until next week! Tchau!
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment