Oh! What a glorious week it was! This week is transfers but our whole
district is staying! Wahoo! I can´t believe I have already been here for
a whole transfer! What!
Our family that we have been teaching was
baptized on Saturday night at 9pm. Yeah, pretty late for a baptism I
know. It´s a long story. haha Oh what a day that was. A picture is
included. So Fernanda, the wife, was coming back from another city a
long ways away and she was supposed to get in at 5 30 and then the
baptism would be at 8 because Sergio, the husband, worked until 7. So
it´s 7 and sergio calls us and says that he doesnt know where Fernanda
is and that she isnt back yet. Oh man I was freaking out. He said he was
gonna catch the bus and head to the bus station to find her. We called a
member to drive him but he had already got on the bus. We head to the
church to get everything ready, we even made a cake. We were praying
Fernanda would be found. Then around 7 50 or so Sergio finds Fernanda at
the bus terminal. Problem is, she is not feeling well because of the
trip and hadn~´t eaten since the day before. They call and are wondering
if they can postpone the baptism. Meanwhile people are showing up and
we are smiling and inside freaking out a bit. Sister Dias talked to
Fernanda on the phone to see if she really was just tired or if she was
having doubts about the church. She said she doesn~´t have doubts and
what a relief that was. Fernanda decided she was willing to make the
sacrifice and so she went home, had a snack and came to the church with
Sergio (sergio has such a strong testimony already its amazing). It
didnt happen until 9 and we were out a little past curfew that night but
tudo bem (what rebel missionaries we are). The baptism was amazing. I
felt the spirit so strong. Even more amazing was the confirmation. What a
precious gift the Lord has given us. The constant companionship of the
holy ghost. THis gospel will bless their family so much. Their two
little girls are so precious. What a humbling experience that was.
Sometimes a mission is pretty hard and people dont want to listen. We
talked about this in our companionship study today. We talk to so many
people every day and such a small portion of them are willing to change
and accept the Gospel. But there IS a small portion that are ready and
waiting. We just have to sift through a TON of people to find them. That
is missionary work. Trying your hardest to find those people and
trusting that the Lord will guide you. Because he will. I will never
forget this family and all the things that they taught me. They are
going to be amazing members. Their 3 year old was kind of a handful on
sunday during sacrament meeting. oh boy oh boy. Mom, do you think
supernanny will come to Brazil??? She is needed. haha
We also had zone conference this week. It was great. Just the spiritual
upliftment that I needed. OH yeah, one question, why has no one sent me
pictures of stefs wedding yet??? Yes, I´m talkin to you. haha get on it.
This week has been rain rain and more rain. We were going to walk to
mcdonalds here for lunch (my companion LOVES it and it is like a super
expensive treat here. haha) but the chuva is getting in the way of our
dreams. too bad.
I thought you should know I bought some nail polish
last week and painted my nails. It was amazing. Trash hole, get this, I
didn´t even mess them up!!!! Probably cause I am a missionary. haha
I am
started to forget english words. Its weird. I was trying to remember
the word cardigan and it WOULD NOT come to me. I kept thinking about
macey and her cardigans and it was driving me crazy that i couldnt think
of the word. My companion thought it was hilarious.
One last funny story, on our way to zone conference as we were
waiting at the bust terminal with the other two sisters that live with
us a man came up to me and sister Brinkerhoff (the other american) and
was telling us all these things. He said nail polish was of the devil. I
held up my hand and said, you mean this? haha he was like yeah yeah the
devil the devil. It was really hard not to laugh but I managed pretty
well. Oh man.
I read a scripture during personal study today that I really needed
to hear. It was in Doctrine and Covenants and it said not to run faster
than you have strength but to work diligently. Sometimes in life I think
we get so overwhelmed by all the things we have to do, especially as
missionaries, and we feel like we have to be perfect at everything all
at once. You don´t. I have been learning this. It is a step by step
basis. Do your best and work diligently but dont push yourself harder
than you are able. Man, aren´t the scriptures great? haha I think so.
Thanks for all the prayers love and support. Dad, the garden looks
great! Parabens! I am glad everything is going well at home. I send a
prayer your way every day! And thanks for the package! Any idea how long
it will take to get here? I haven`t gotten your letter yet because I
haven´t gotten mail since my first day here. Probably this week though. I
hope. Love you!
Tchau!
Sister Zeller
No comments:
Post a Comment