Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oops this should be before the last one. 19 March 2012

I am still in Wisconsin if any of you were wondering. haha The weather
has been insanely nice. Saturday was 75 degrees!!! So it kind of feels
like Brazil. But not quite. The visa could be coming this week or they
might be holding it until transfers next week. I have no idea. But
it's coming. The mission office called me last Monday and said that
SLC called and that my visa is "coming". Whatever that means. So say a
little prayer for me why don"t cha? Muito Obrigada. This has been one
CRAZY week for me. So last tuesday we had a district lunch before our
district meeting. It was Elder Redd from my districts birthday so we
had a little birthday lunch. It was way fun and we had tacos so YUM. A
lady in the ward also made him the most hilarious but disgusting cake
ever. I will attach a picture and you can see for yourself. And yes,
it is really a cake. So that was pretty fun. We had dinner at a
members house one night and this lady has three very energetic
children. One of them said the closing prayer. It was the funniest
thing ever. We were sitting around this really small table. He stands
up and starts praying and as he is praying he walks around the table
and squeezes everyones shoulders. I was trying to not to laugh but I
couldn't help it is was so random and funny. He was saying the cutest
things and I think he prayed for about five whole minutes. My favorite
thing he said was "and thank you that Jesus is a member of this
church." So cute. I love kids. So we have been in the ghetto of racine
A TON this week. We saw some crazy things. We saw a ton of cops
arresting people and much more. We have been going through the ward
list this week some more and trying to visit some less actives and
former & potential investigators from the area book. A lot of people
weren't home but a lot were. We went to one lady's house and only her
husband was home. He said they go to a different church now and said,
"who sent you?" What kind of a question is that. I wanted to reply
that God sent us but I didn't think it would go over very well even if
it is true. haha So this week we made a TON of appointments for this
week so we are already packed for this week. Possible throw a visa
into the mix and things could get crazy!

We got to go to a baptism on Saturday for a man some Elders have been
working with. It was great. Our investigator was supposed to come but
didn't show. Pretty disappointing but that is how it goes sometimes.
He said we would see him on sunday but then again he was a no show. We
are gonna try and find out what is going on. Hopefully it goes well.
Cross your fingers! On Sunday Sister Ross gave a talk on the
Atonement. It was very good. A little back story: On thursday we had a
missed call from the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. For some reason I
didn't feel like calling him back so sister Ross said she would. And
then he asked her to give a talk! HAHAHAHA I thought it was pretty
funny. I think it was the spirit that told me not to call him back.
haha But her talk was good and I am sure I will get mine and have to
speak in church sometime soon, probably in Portuguese. oh boy.

Mom, you can cut this paragraph out when sending it or not. Up to you.
haha but forward it to katie so she cand send this part to all my
friends. We were going to this family's house for dinner in a shady
part of town. We were a bit early so we stopped by this park to go
over our message. There were a bunch of kids on bikes about to race
down this hill. It was funny to watch. And this younger little boy
came down on a scooter a little bit after. So cute. He struggled
getting down the hill. Well, the boys rode away and then this guy
comes out of one of the houses yelling for his kid to come home. He
walks into the park and we are watching him and then all of a sudden
we see water spraying and then we realize that he just started PEEING
as he was walking in the park. Don't worry, we didn't see anything.
But we were totally shocked and laughing our heads off. Some people.
Oh man.

At dinner one night we got to hold a huge snake. Mom, that was for you
:) I can't remember if I talked about this already but one of our
investigators gave her BOM away. We went back one more time to tell
her we couldn't come over anymore if she wasn't willing to read. So we
went and talked to her for a bit and I started bearing my testimony of
the BOM and then asked her why she didn't want one and she told me
"someone stole it." I looked at my companion and we both were
thinking... ummm, last week you told us you gave it away and didn't
want another one. But we just went with it because she is pretty old.
Maybe she forgot. Maybe she changed her mind. Maybe she is lying. But
she took the BOM and seemed like she really really wanted it. I don't
even know. We were kinda speechless when we left and had to laugh
about it.

I had the coolest experience here! So usually the weather is super
cold and absolutely no one is outside and no one invites you in when
you go tracting. But this week the weather has been SO nice that
people were out and about and everywhere. So we were driving home to
have dinner saturday night and then we drive past an old lady working
in her yard with her walker right by her. My companion and I looked at
each other and were like, uhh, should we help her? So we did a u-turn
and went and parked around the corner and then "casually" walked by
the womans house and asked if she wanted some help. haha missionaries
are so sneaky. So we helped her clean up her garden in our skirts but
we didn't care. She was such a sweet lady and she said she has an aunt
that is a member of the church. We talked to her for a while after and
were able to get her phone number and give her a pass along card with
ours on it. We are gonna stop by again this next week. I am pretty
excited about it.

Last night we almost ran over a cat. It scared me so bad!!! We are
going to the lighthouse in Racine to write some letters today. It's
pretty nice outside so we brought a blanket and stuff. I've seen
pictures of the lighthouse and it is so pretty.

Also, becky I am getting your letters and I LOVE them. I thought I
wrote you back but maybe I am going nuts. Things are crazy but I am
gonna try and write you back today. Mom and Dad, have a blast in
Miami!!!! How fun! Thanks for the dear elders mom! I actually got one
on Wednesday that I think you sent a while ago. For some reason they
take FOREVER to get to me. SO thanks for that.


Well, I feel like sharing my testimony one last time as a 21 year old.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is not only true but is
amazing. You can build a stronger relationship with your Father in
Heaven and with your Savior, Jesus Christ when you read from it. I
know that prayer is real and that every prayer we give, God hears.
Whether we believe He does or not, He does. And He will answer us. How
amazing is that. The only catch is that we have to be listening. I
know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. How grateful I am to him for all
he sacrificed for this Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ lived and dies
for us and that he lives again. Every pain, sorrow, guilt, worry.
every anything we have every felt, he felt too. He understands how we
feel and he knows how to help us. I love this Gospel so much and am so
grateful for the direction it has given me in my life. I love being a
missionary and getting up each morning to serve my Father in heaven.
(If I had to get up for anything else at 6:30 every day I don't think
I could do it). I know that Heavenly Father has a plan and that we can
trust in it. He will direct us where we should go. I am grateful He
directed me to come on a mission. I have only been out for almost four
months but I have learned so much I know that I am a much better
person already. I know that when we serve those around us we are
serving God. We are all in this together and every one in this world
He loves. He loves everyone. When we try to look at people the way He
does than we come to see the good in everyone. Some people make it
harder to find the good but it is there! haha So get lookin. I love my
Savior Jesus Christ and I know that if I do my best here that someday
I can return and live with Him and my family forever. In the name of
Jesus Christ, Amen.

Anyone that feels like sending me something for my birthday feel free!
haha If you send me my visa you will be my new BFF! haha Martha, have
a fun spring break! Write me a letter for my birthday you little
weasel! and be safe! Jeff, I wanna see your braces! I am sure you look
handsome! Katie, I want a picture of CJ! Dang, you are slow! I am glad
Grandma got my letter and that Mac's funeral went well. Rachael, don't
feel left out. I love you too. But I love you all!

Tchau!

-Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment