Hello! Oi! Ola! Another week gone by! Wow, how time flies here! Seriously! This week was packed full of things though so I will try and fit them all into this email but I am bound to forget something! Here I go! So last Monday after I emailed we had class and we had a Sister teacher in our class to help out. It was none other than Katie's roommate Stacy! I was like WHAT, That is my sisters roommate! I gave her a big hug to pass along to katie. So cool. The Elders in my district are convinced that I know everyone at the MTC. That is what happens when you live in Provo for three years and then go on a mission I guess. haha So after class that night we had a testimony meeting with our district. It was so amazing and the Spirit was so strong! Of course all the sisters were crying and I know some of the Elders teared up, they aren't fooling anyone. So of course naturally since our faces were red we took pictures afterward. haha Let me just say no one will be seeing those photos. haha So we had 21 missionaries leave our branch tuesday morning including my two companions Sister Barnes and Sister Felber. It was so sad to watch them get on the bus to the airport. They are going to kick butt in the Brazil MTC though! So after that we went to the scheduling office and I got a little "solo" sticker to put on my name tag. The Elders were jealous of my sticker and tried to steal one from the lady, with no luck though. Because there were so many Brazil missionaries that left Tuesday there were three Elders that were the only ones left in their districts. One of them came in the same week as us so he joined our district. and then another one is a week behind us and he joins us for class. And the other is two weeks ahead of us and he has class alone. poor guy. So my district kind of has 5 Elders and then me. So during TRC on Tuesday I taught with one of the Elders. It was kind of funny. We taught the sweetest Brazilian lady and she told me that my accent was perfect! I am sure she was lying but that was still so sweet! So later Tuesday night Elder Wescott and Elder Christiansen(one of the Elders that just joined my District) both got their Visas! They leave tomorrow! Things are always changing here! We will be down to 4 including me! Random things: -the awesome Brazil t-shirt that I ordered from the bookstore came this last week and I wear it proudly whenever I get the chance. It's great. - I have been having the greatest experiences with scripture study this week and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Book of Mormon! -Our "investigator" has not been progressing at all and I have been really frustrated because he won't keep any commitments. So Friday when we go to teach him we ask him if he read the chapter. He says no. We asked if he prayed. He says no. I was getting so mad. haha so we just went for it and asked if he would be baptized and he said.... When? I am pretty sure my jaw dropped. haha but it was great. I can't wait for it to be real. -I have been loving my new calling as Coordinating Sister. I am not gonna lie and say it is easy but it's definitely been good for me. Staying with sick sisters during class and trying to solve companionship drama for others is a challenge but the Lord helps me know what to say. It is weird being the "oldest" sister in the branch. I can just tell the other sisters are watching me so I'm trying my hardest to be the best example I can. -My Elders have been a little crazy lately and sometimes I have to crack the whip and make them focus. They are great though. -I got to go to the temple this morning and it was great! I am SO happy the temple is open again! -Last night after the fireside we went and watched a recording of Elder Holland teaching on how to teach for some leadership training from like 2007. IT WAS AMAZING! So helpful! He is so great and so full of wisdom! -There is a sister here who looks EXACTLY like Rapunzel from tangled. for real. kinda weird. -The other day in the cafeteria some elder made a monkey noise super loud. so random. but kinda funny. oh Elders. -There was a little baby boy Elder (not really a baby just looked like one, obviously) who led the music for one devotional. He looks just like David Archuleta. so funny. -It finally snowed in Provo! I can't believe it has taken this long and although it is beautiful it makes walking to class and the temple A LOT COLDER! -No news on the Visa yet! -I am still not sick of the MTC food yet! I have the best taste buds ever! -I moved into a new room with four new roomies (sisters from the branch headed to Portugal). Sister Palmer from south Jordan, Utah and Sister Vernon from NY are my temporary companions (meaning at night and in the morning and stuff). They are pretty great sisters and it's been fun getting to know them! Things have been great for me lately! Thanks for all the love! This is truly the Lords work! I love being a missionary! I pray for you all! Remember that God will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS love you! Sister Zeller
Monday, January 9, 2012
January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment